• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not hating if we bring him back, I just want to see something new. Bacot is what he is a hustle big.

I don't follow the recruiting class like that who should I watch out for next year?

https://www.tarheeltimes.com/recruitsbasketball-2023.aspx

Also…2024 looks really promising at this point

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I sincerely hope Hubert proves me wrong. I'm just not seeing any signs of actual coaching, player development, and zero concept of how to manage substitutions and rotations. At this point of Hubert works out long-term it'll be shocking. I'm rooting for him but I don't think it's gonna work out.

Sadly, Like you I am pulling to Hubert Davis to work out but admit I am highly concerned about him lasting.

Here's hoping my concerns are caused by being an over anxious fan and will turn out unfounded..

13 hours ago, toldozer said:

Seems kinda pouty not to play in the nit, no?

No. Not when you consider that Bacot and Washington are injured and weren't going to be available. We basically weren't going to have any bigs available to play outside of Nance.

Two players have already entered the transfer portal. It's best to just turn the page and move on and focus on the future. No on at UNC gives a fug about the NIT. Why pretend to? It's not like Hubert was going to actually play the young guys and get them some valuable game experience. If he would I'd say go and take advantage of that. But he won't, so why bother?

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No. Not when you consider that Bacot and Washington are injured and weren't going to be available. We basically weren't going to have any bigs available to play outside of Nance.

Two players have already entered the transfer portal. It's best to just turn the page and move on and focus on the future. No on at UNC gives a fug about the NIT. Why pretend to? It's not like Hubert was going to actually play the young guys and get them some valuable game experience. If he would I'd say go and take advantage of that. But he won't, so why bother?

Yeah i think it would have been good to get guys some experience definitely felt like the team kind of quit on the season. Duke seems to have had a similar turnaround to UNC last year hopefully they don't regress big time next year and we do actually have solid coaching

4 hours ago, toldozer said:

Yeah i think it would have been good to get guys some experience definitely felt like the team kind of quit on the season. Duke seems to have had a similar turnaround to UNC last year hopefully they don't regress big time next year and we do actually have solid coaching

I am sure this was voted on by the team as well.  @LinvilleGorge is right too they aren’t really healthy and honestly it’s for the best just to move on

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

I was somewhat surprised when I read that the players, themselves  were not really interested in playing in the NIT.

No one comes to Carolina to play in the NIT.

Especially largely the same group that was playing for a national championship less than a year ago. They're ashamed. And they should be.

• Pie 1

On 3/13/2023 at 1:42 PM, Shocker said:

Ok now do Matt Dorethy

Matt Doherty 🤣 as it's spelled correctly alienated former players, alienated people close to the team, attacked players, had a breakdown, was throwing chairs, and tearing up equipment as well as losing. Bring up better examples that actually parallel CHD. 

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

Matt Doherty 🤣 as it's spelled correctly alienated former players, alienated people close to the team, attacked players, had a breakdown, was throwing chairs, and tearing up equipment as well as losing. Bring up better examples that actually parallel CHD. 

I will compare them anyway I like…Hubert and Doherty both lost a lot of games very early in their tenures here and Doherty never turned it around.  Pay attention to reality 

Edited by Shocker

On 3/14/2023 at 12:34 PM, toldozer said:

Yeah i think it would have been good to get guys some experience definitely felt like the team kind of quit on the season. 

They did quit, and Hubert is in over his head.  I still wouldn't be OK with it, but I could understand if you had multiple lottery picks on the roster who didnt want to get hurt (a la Football guys skipping bowls), but you don't even have a first rounder. 

Maybe Bacot didnt want to play because he's hurt, or maybe Caleb Love didnt want to play because he's soft as hell, but there is no way every player on that team didnt want to play.  This university is in big trouble with Hubert at the helm, and last years magical run has probably bought him at least 5 more years, which scares the hell out of me.