• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

It’s too late now to fix this team.  It would’ve happened well before now.  The team is way to inefficient and if you look hard they haven’t beaten anyone good all season.  Again, the biggest problem is that Bubba isn’t moving on from him for the foreseeable future which is unfortunate.

It is pretty remarkable how UNC is the exact team that started the season and absolutely nothing has changed.  Not 1 thing from rotation to defense to improving in any area.

Edited by Shocker

42 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It’s too late now to fix this team.  It would’ve happened well before now.  The team is way to inefficient and if you look hard they haven’t beaten anyone good all season.  Again, the biggest problem is that Bubba isn’t moving on from him for the foreseeable future which is unfortunate.

It is pretty remarkable how UNC is the exact team that started the season and absolutely nothing has changed.  Not 1 thing from rotation to defense to improving in any area.

The only "fix" under Hubert Davis is the shooters getting absolutely red hot. I'm honestly not sure we'd look any different if the head coach for the day was decided by a lottery amongst the fans in attendance.

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only "fix" under Hubert Davis is the shooters getting absolutely red hot. I'm honestly not sure we'd look any different if the head coach for the day was decided by a lottery amongst the fans in attendance.

They wouldn't because this is on the players. We seen everything work last year with Manek's shooting and the players buying into the scheme. This year, their effort is inconsistent. And people talking about yanking players, what is the man supposed to do? Sit Caleb and RJ for Trimble and Dunn? He tried sitting them during the Wake first half and it instantly turned into a blow out. Talk of firing Davis after one year is nonsense. He turned chicken shite to chicken salad last year. When this coach has his players to run his system it is going to be a problem, because we seen what that looked like for a few weeks when these kids stepped up. For the cheap seats, these are the kids that wouldn't listen to Roy and helped him to call it quits. I believe part of his excitement during the tourney was that Hubert had done so much with these selfish dudes. 

7 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

They wouldn't because this is on the players. We seen everything work last year with Manek's shooting and the players buying into the scheme. This year, their effort is inconsistent. And people talking about yanking players, what is the man supposed to do? Sit Caleb and RJ for Trimble and Dunn? He tried sitting them during the Wake first half and it instantly turned into a blow out. Talk of firing Davis after one year is nonsense. He turned chicken shite to chicken salad last year. When this coach has his players to run his system it is going to be a problem, because we seen what that looked like for a few weeks when these kids stepped up. For the cheap seats, these are the kids that wouldn't listen to Roy and helped him to call it quits. I believe part of his excitement during the tourney was that Hubert had done so much with these selfish dudes. 

This just isn’t the whole truth at all.  Hubert has not shown the ability to make adjustments.  Last season before Garcia left the team Manek wasn’t getting big mins.  Hubert was forced into playing him.  Think about that.  The Heels got hot but nearly lost to Baylor giving up an incredible comeback.  UCLA had them on the ropes as well.  They shot lights out in the tournament and made a run.  That was no coaching clinic at all.  

If they don’t beat Virginia they won’t make the tournament and it’s not like their schedule was full of world beaters here.  They have played terribly on offense all season because there isn’t  offensive sets consistently being executed and way to many empty trips.  They literally never get on the break.  Their defense is extremely lacking.  I mean if the players aren’t motivated that is absolutely on the coach.  No question about it.

It is mind boggling how many mins Nance is getting right now.  He has been completely ineffective and Hubert does nothing about it.  

Edited by Shocker

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

This just isn’t the whole truth at all.  Hubert has not shown the ability to make adjustments.  Last season before Garcia left the team Manek wasn’t getting big mins.  Hubert was forced into playing him.  Think about that.  The Heels got hot but nearly lost to Baylor giving up an incredible comeback.  UCLA had them on the ropes as well.  They shot lights out in the tournament and made a run.  That was no coaching clinic at all.  

If they don’t beat Virginia they won’t make the tournament and it’s not like their schedule was full of world beaters here.  They have played terribly on offense all season because there isn’t  offensive sets consistently being executed and way to many empty trips.  They literally never get on the break.  Their defense is extremely lacking.  I mean if the players aren’t motivated that is absolutely on the coach.  No question about it.

It is mind boggling how many mins Nance is getting right now.  He has been completely ineffective and Hubert does nothing about it.  

What adjustments do you expect him to make? I agree that Nance is a bad fit and shouldn't get as many minutes. But what are the options? Puff stays hurt and then plays up to his namesake. Everybody wants Nickel to play, but he can't guard anyone. Again, Trimble, Styles, and Dunn seemed terrified to shoot. Washington would seem to garner more PT, but there are literal games he doesn't play and they say afterwards he wasn't available. 

So, all these great keyboard basketball minds keep saying CHD is not making adjustments. Did you not see the game Sunday? They were literally handing the ball to State and throwing it away on fast break opportunities. He clearly isn't coaching them to do this. Getting out on the break requires effort which these players aren't giving consistently. If you have ever coached anything, you know you can't just bench an entire starting lineup for entire games. I edited it because I know you were going to be like Roy and Dean did it. I am not talking for 3min increments. Also with making adjustments as a leader, you don't change your whole structure because players aren't stepping up. In the tourney last year, Davis, Love, and Bacot played tough defense the whole tournament. Brady's shooting opened the lane up for Bacot to operate and for driving lanes. This showed that the system works, so CHD should get to operate with his players(#1 recruiting class 24), without these current quitters on the team and without fear of losing his job before that happens. 

The glaring adjustment CHD needs to make is an easier non-conference schedule with practice time scheduled between games. The only difference between UNC and Duke is Duke didn't play any away games until December. Meanwhile, we were getting drug all across the country with no practice time. 

Edited by NorthTryon
  • Poo 1

20 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So uhhh… Brandon Miller’s stock is dropping.

Not really.

There are conflicting reports on what actually happened. He reportedly already released his dash cam footage during that night. He could have just been wrong place at wrong time.

We will learn more in the coming days.

I still think he is a top 5 pick because the NBA only cares about talent at the end of the day.

This stupid wrong place at the wrong time nonsense is so ridiculous. He was  running with these dudes well enough to have the shooters gun and ride with them like that. He knew where he was. If one of your people texts you to bring the gun what do you think is happening when you get there?

he shouldn’t be allowed back on the team if they find out he brought that gun with him. I know the official narrative right now doesn’t say that’s a fact of the case but they need to dig more on that. If he was riding with it anyways and gave it up when he got there that’s a problem too. Crazy situation. 

53 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Not really.

There are conflicting reports on what actually happened. He reportedly already released his dash cam footage during that night. He could have just been wrong place at wrong time.

We will learn more in the coming days.

I still think he is a top 5 pick because the NBA only cares about talent at the end of the day.

I myself have been at the wrong place at the wrong time and I fuggin knew where I was and what I was into.  No saints here