• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Corral Reminder

top dawg

38 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well everyone should just STFU I guess now that the all mighty Growl has made this statement.

There isn't a single franchise QB in this draft and if we draft one he'll have to compete with Corral and whoever else is on this roster.  Just because he's the 1st round pick doesn't always make him "the Man".  T. Lance showed that this season.  He sat all last season and was supposed to be the man but he was abysmal before he got hurt.  SF lucked out that Jimmy G was still around. 

Top 10 qbs are handed the job for the most part.  No injured undersized 3rd round pick is going to compete with them.  Thats just not how it works

and LOL at saying Lance was abysmal.  Goddamn you are a complete joke

Edited by mrcompletely11

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This is not a hard and fast rule.  Some players can start as a rookie and develop where others its probably clear they need a bit of bench time.  But on the whole if they can play they can play.   I dont think it hurt guys like cam, allen etc to take their lumps from day 1.

I agree, if you have a staff that can identify said qb. There's been so few coming out that could truly go day 1 since those guys came out however. Waiting for a guy like that is not an option for any team. So you pick among what's available and do what you can to win with that guy. At least we should have a new group of qb's in house so there's that.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree, if you have a staff that can identify said qb. There's been so few coming out that could truly go day 1 since those guys came out however. Waiting for a guy like that is not an option for any team. So you pick among what's available and do what you can to win with that guy. At least we should have a new group of qb's in house so there's that.

I think a guy like Fields should have sat last year and I feel he would have exploded on the scene this year with a year of seasoning and a good coach to guide him.   Nagy tried to ruin him last year

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think a guy like Fields should have sat last year and I feel he would have exploded on the scene this year with a year of seasoning and a good coach to guide him.   Nagy tried to ruin him last year

Nagy was most likely under pressure to start the kid before he should have. It happens to every coach in that situation eventually. Our new coach will probably be under the same pressure. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Nagy was most likely under pressure to start the kid before he should have. It happens to every coach in that situation eventually. Our new coach will probably be under the same pressure. 

Yep thats why I think its good timing with a new coach and a rookie qb.  Their timelines are on the same page.  Might as well get a new gm to complete the trifecta

Obviously the team won't pass on someone they have graded as a potential franchise qb just because they drafted Matt Corral. But there is a question of whether they'll feel pressed to draft someone they have a lower grade on if the top qbs aren't available out of sheer desperation. I mean if you were higher on Corral last year relative to the tier after Bryce and Stroud, what do you do? I'd guess they'd still draft someone just to increase the odds but if someone like Anderson is there, do you really pass on him to take a qb you don't have much confidence will pan out? Tough decisions. Hopefully we're drafting high enough it won't matter. 

Also for those saying Corral doesn't have a chance if we draft a qb in the 1st, there's at least precedence with Kirk Cousins and Robert Griffin. Long shot obviously and requires probably an injury to the 1st rounder but not impossible.

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Top 10 qbs are handed the job for the most part.  No injured undersized 3rd round pick is going to compete with them.  Thats just not how it works

and LOL at saying Lance was abysmal.  Goddamn you are a complete joke

13/28 164 1 int. 46% completion.  He ran the ball as many times as he had completions.   He was thinking he was in college again.  Lance will be a bust.  

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

There certainly aren't any Cams or Lucks in the draft from what I've seen. No Burrows or Mahomeses either.

Luck was a hype machine. Cam was not even the consensus best QB in his class let alone the best player. Burrow is who we should have lost out for instead of a stupid win streak with Kyle Allen. But with Mahomes and Josh Allen how many people here were desperate for us to draft them? How many analysts had them pegged as future elite quarterbacks in the making? We can't make definitive statements nobody knows. You take your shot when the time comes it's all we've got now.

56 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Mahomes wasnt considered a Mahomes coming into the draft.

And Cam wasn’t a Cam

these anti-QB people simply rewrite reality to accommodate why THESE prospects just aren’t good and if we just wait one more year, we promise for real this time, prepare the roster, everything will be great

i don’t know how many first round hits at peripheral positions followed by a bad season these people need to see before they stop obsessing over the “can’t miss” prospect who we just can turn down

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep thats why I think its good timing with a new coach and a rookie qb.  Their timelines are on the same page.  Might as well get a new gm to complete the trifecta

I agree with that in theory.  But you have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

The only thing I agree with Tepper on is his patience with his investment.  But there's a limit to how long that should be on a clearly unqualified candidate.  

As far as any new coaches that interests me I do not have anything to add to that conversation.  All I can do is offer a word of advice to those clamoring for a hot OC or DC for that matter.  Being a great coordinator does not equate to being a great head coach. 

There are countless examples of great coordinators throughout history sucking at beinga HC. There's more to chose from sure. But finding a great "Head Coach" to run an nfl team means be great at more than one side of the football game.