• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes @ Florida Panthers 7PM

Anybodyhome

OK guys. I’m going to be Johnny positive for one minute. We remember the days when the canes weren’t even in a playoff spot. Let’s be thankful for what we have right now but hope Rod makes a decision to make some line changes and player substitutions.  I do believe the answer is on the roster. I’d also love to see Koochie get the net tomorrow in Raleigh. This is no way and indictment of raanta. He played his balls off tonight.   The time is now for the kid to get ready to be our future goalie. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

11 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I’m telling you it’s Burns. He’s trying to do too much for us vs doing exactly what Rod is asking him to do.  

Not loving Burns so far either

I also feel like we don’t have the size on defense with Smith and Cole gone. Burns, Coughlin, Chatfield<Deangelo, Smith, Cole. 

Last years D seemed to buy in more, or maybe sell out to make a play…. Doesn’t seem to be the same grit.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Darkseid89 said:

Not loving Burns so far either

I also feel like we don’t have the size on defense with Smith and Cole gone. Burns, Coughlin, Chatfield<Deangelo, Smith, Cole. 

Last years D seemed to buy in more, or maybe sell out to make a play…. Doesn’t seem to be the same grit.

Facts on facts. Our D is not playing Rod ball.   

id rather struggle now and get better vs struggle late going into the playoffs. Lots of hockey left. 

oh and patches comes back soon. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Pie 1

I would be surprised to see Burns change anything about his style of play. Not gonna happen with a vet who's been around as long as he has. That being said, the best D pair on the roster right now is Skjei and Pesce.

Pyotr is expected to start the Oilers game tonite. RBA needs to make some line changes as well. Major line changes. The only line playing with any consistency is the Staal line, even Martinook is playing with a fire under him.

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

It's not Anderson or Raanta.

It's not the defense.

When you lose 3-0 or 3-1, it's because you didn't score. The other team gets paid to play, too.

Respectfully disagree. It’s all facets right now. Our big bogs are scoring our bottom lines aren’t. Pece and Skjei are playing well. Burns is so bad this year. Such a bad fit for this team. Freddie hasn’t been good. Raanta has been good. Kk is playing well, just not so scoring. Necas is having a career year. Slavin is having to make up for burns playing so bad and it’s a trickle down. 

it’s been a team effort when we suck. Same hand, it’s been a team effort when we win.  Every year we have games like this.   I’d rather us be poo now and elite later vs last year.  In rod we trust. 

• Pie 1

Rod is a players coach and a good one at that but he seems hesitant to shakeup the lines and doesn’t hold players accountable for mistakes and lack of effort. We need to make a trade at the deadline for another redliner. I’m hoping Patches can solve some of our offensive woes. But, if you take a look around the NHL, some of the other supposed contenders are struggling as well - many more so than we are. It’s early in the year.