• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: D’Onta Foreman “very grateful” for opportunity with Panthers

WarPanthers89

Running back D'Onta Foreman was out of football last year when the Titans signed him to help cover for the absence of Derrick Henry and it wound up being the chance Foreman needed to show he was a capable NFL runner.

Foreman ran for 566 yards in nine games and then moved on to Carolina this offseason as a backup to Christian McCaffrey. His role changed when McCaffrey was dealt to the 49ers last month and Foreman has again shown that he’s able to handle the load of a starter.

Foreman’s load was larger than ever on Thursday night. He ran 31 times for 130 yards and a touchdown in the 25-15 win and has now run 79 times for 389 yards and four touchdowns in four games since McCaffrey was traded.

After the game, Foreman expressed his gratitude for the chance in Carolina.

“I’m very grateful for this opportunity,” Foreman said, via David Newton of ESPN.com.

The Panthers have won two of their four games since trading McCaffrey and the team is averaging nearly 160 rushing yards a game over that period, so the gratitude likely runs both ways.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/11/donta-foreman-very-grateful-for-opportunity-with-panthers/

BC2E5AD8-9A50-4F2B-8CCC-C7AAAA010F92.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

lol @ all the people that didnt want to trade CMC and poo on everyone that suggested it.

You know there were people that thought trading CMC would be a bad idea yet poo on nobody that did correct? The tradr has definitely worked out so far and I was a person who was afraid of trading him as well as did not really want to be sue of him being a good guy and a team leader or at least someone who led by example. I was also one who didn't want Cam gone and Smith cut years prior as well but I never poo on anyone who did. 

I won't deny that I say around wondering how stupid Rhule and company were in that they had other capable backs yet refused to use them. I can only imagine how things possibly could have been had they used Foreman and CMC together as a two headed attack. I can only imagine how it would have been to have had Foreman in the backfield with CMC in the spot of well. These are all things real coaches could have come up with but we had guys running the team with no imagination and apparently no functional brain cells. 

The advantage of trading CMC is definitely the cap relief and that helps but if that were the goal, why the hell did we sign him to taht big a contract in the first place? In my opinion he should have still gotten carries but less than a workhorse hard running power back like Foreman and CMC should have moved to lots of slot receiver and we would have benefitted greatly but we would have still had that huge conytact so there are advantages and disadvantages both ways. I will say however that trading him certainly sparked an opportunity for others to step up and many players have emerged with inevitable talent which we didn't think we had with CMC not here. Again not his fault though as that stupidity of holding guys down rest on the worst coach I have ever witnessed coach in Matt Rhule and many of his disciples. There are still more disciples to clean hosue with at seasons end and may be a few to hang on to but we have to whipe the memory of that idiot away completely. 

Trading CMC helped in some awesome ways with other players stepping up and that has been great but it also makes me wonder what if we had used CMC differently and gave room to all our others guys to step up too? In the end though potentially Anderson and CMC had to go to see some others step up.

10 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Resign him. A load of a running back that is showing his value. One less position to worry about in the draft. 

Or just sign another dude just like him off of their couch.

Guys, it's more about the Oline's blocking. Once you have a solid Oline that can open holes, there are plenty of guys sitting at home on their couch who can get you 4 yards a carry in the NFL. Everyone ooo's and ahhh's over McCaffrey, and his abilities as a runner and especially a receiver out of the backfield are top notch, but on the ground you can pay someone a fraction of what McCaffrey makes for nearly identictal run production.

Not hating on CMC, not hating on Foreman, but this is just the reality. Stop paying RB's and stop drafting them, especially early in the draft. You wanna take a flyer on some sixth rounder who can play ST's? Be my guest, but dont' waste money or early picks on the position.

Maybe I should go dig up all my old posts telling everyone that Foreman is a beast. He was a monster at Texas in 2016. I wanted the Panthers to draft him. Being a general dumbass and injuries made his career get off to a slow start. But I’m glad he’s finding a home on the Panthers.

No, he doesn’t need a big contract extension after a couple good games against the same bad defense, but he could be a good piece in the greater puzzle. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair though, that's not his fault.

I guess you'd say it's the team's fault for having dumb coaches.

I can’t blame coaching staffs for wanting to get the ball into his hands, he’s a special caliber player. But aside from Mike Shula in 2017, they never seemed to know how to balance his workload. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I can’t blame coaching staffs for wanting to get the ball into his hands, he’s a special caliber player. But aside from Mike Shula in 2017, they never seemed to know how to balance his workload. 

Use him a little? "Why are you ignoring our best weapon?"

Use him a lot? "You're running him into the ground!"

Tain't easy.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Use him a little? "Why are you ignoring our best weapon?"

Use him a lot? "You're running him into the ground!"

Tain't easy.

Those are only the paradox when the team is losing. No one was saying those things in 2017 when the team was good.

• Pie 1