• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns has more sacks than any other player in NFL history under 25 years old

WarPanthers89

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Burns does his best work when there is another good pass rushing DE on the other side of the formation. And I really think Marquis Haynes is far outplaying YGM right now. Haynes was a monster out there last night.

Every DE in the league does this best work under this scenario.

• Pie 1

You don't trade a player unless you have someone to replace him. We don't have two DEs who can pass rush consistently so why get rid of the only player who can get consistent pressure. I don't care what they offer you. We are playing to win and Burns is a pivotal piece who has shown he can stay healthy. If the Rams were willing to offer what they did they must think he is worth it. Apparently the only folks who think he is overrated are fans on this board.  Just like we saw with all these can't miss QBs this next draft who are underperforming,, a bird in the hand who is a probowler is worth a lot more than two future picks in the bush years from now. It isn't Fitterer saving his ass it is Fitterer still trying to win in 2022. Seems the players and management still are fighting to win. Just like they should.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Again, the only person it didn’t benefit was Scott Fitterer. Big picture wise you take the deal. However, Scott needs to cling onto whatever chance he has at putting together a competitive team next season to keep his job. Picks in 2024 and 2025 don’t help him. 

Yes, Scott Fitterer is so desperate to have a winning team next season, he traded away Christian McCaffrey.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A) You know what you were implying

B) Like I showed you that stat was wrong

So, me posting a link showing Burns stats was me saying he was better than Bosa?  Makes sense I guess.

The stat was not wrong because it went from 2019-2021 not my fault you are too dense to understand that. 

This season is not completed yet, those stats will be updated once it is.  

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Go compare his stats with Bosa. Same draft class, Bosa was number two and Burns is on the same or better pace in all categories. And that with San Fran having a dominant pass rush everywhere since Bosa came into the league.

Bosa has played 16 less games than Burns due to injury in his second season.  So basically the same production in one less season.

I like Burns but he's not in the same league as Bosa.

• Pie 5

Just now, Sir Purr said:

So, me posting a link showing Burns stats was me saying he was better than Bosa?  Makes sense I guess.

The stat was not wrong because it went from 2019-2021 not my fault you are too dense to understand that. 

This season is not completed yet, those stats will be updated once it is.  

so we are not keeping stats in 2022, sounds good to me

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

Bosa has played 16 less games than Burns due to injury in his second season.  So basically the same production in one less season.

I like Burns but he's not in the same league as Bosa.

Well it's not Burns fault Bosa isn't durable. That half the battle in the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, countryboi said:

Man yall are going to talk Burns to death because Burns is still here because QBs, LT, DE and WR are some of the most coveted positions and the hardest to replace. 

We have WR's and LT locked down. Just need 2 QB's and 2 DE's. Burns is a 3-4 outside LB. Hanes I'm undecided on.

• Pie 1