• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other NFL Games Thread

kungfoodude

1 minute ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...in no way am I saying Tanny is a franchise...I'm saying coaching is everything...which is why we sucked so bad under fhule. Of course you have to have a qb that has skill but scheme, philosophy and leadership in coaching is most of it. How could they have 4 winning seasons in a row under Vrabel and 6 winning season in a row if not for coaching...something we'd kill for.. they have done it with Tanny and none other than Mariota.... just saying pretty respectable.

Yep.  Titans are good every year because their coaching is great.

No reason Panthers shouldn't have as much success if you are looking at the talent.  Because Titans ain't all that.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...in no way am I saying Tanny is a franchise...I'm saying coaching is everything...which is why we sucked so bad under fhule. Of course you have to have a qb that has skill but scheme, philosophy and leadership in coaching is most of it. How could they have 4 winning seasons in a row under Vrabel and 6 winning season in a row if not for coaching...something we'd kill for.. they have done it with Tanny and none other than Mariota.... just saying pretty respectable.

It the old school approach.  It still works if you can run the ball and have a good defense.  Get a decent game manager and you can win a lot of games if you stay healthy. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

Yep. Run the ball, take safe passes, and play great defense.

No reason why we can't.  We have more offensive talent than the Titans do.  Although Henry is a different breed.

Having an actual O-line has definitely made that possible. Funny we're averaging 60 more yards a game post-CMC

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It the old school approach.  It still works if you can run the ball and have a good defense.  Get a decent game manager and you can win a lot of games if you stay healthy. 

its football...manage the opportunities... just like the direct snap to Henry and Tanny was walking to the sideline like things were amiss. That was just smart and outta the box....

Just now, Pimpdaddy said:

its football...manage the opportunities... just like the direct snap to Henry and Tanny was walking to the sideline like things were amiss. That was just smart and outta the box....

It is. It comes from experience in the nfl and working under a great teacher.  It's also getting your team to believe in what you are doing and each other.  Not every great coordinator can pull all of that together and lead a group of men to win every year. Especially since half the team is new players every year.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Having an actual O-line has definitely made that possible. Funny we're averaging 60 more yards a game post-CMC

We became way too dependent on CMC as the focal point of our offense. Same thing we did with Cam. As much as I hated to lose him, I’m happy he was traded before we ruined him permanently as we did Cam. It was a win-win for both sides. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It is. It comes from experience in the nfl and working under a great teacher.  It's also getting your team to believe in what you are doing and each other.  Not every great coordinator can pull all of that together and lead a group of men to win every year. Especially since half the team is new players every year.

Billicheat and Reed are the stalwarts ...but i'm curious to see how Pederson does or if he was a one hit wonder...that bullfrog down in dallas rode favre and rogers to glory... Carroll is doing some good things...can't wait to see who we select as a new coach... tipper went against his analytics with fhule but i have no faith in his shotgun approach to setting the nfl on fire with his BS decisions ...

• Pie 1