• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions win

jb2288

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

But that history is littered with terrible GMs too. @LinvilleGorge is right. We want the best available pick. Do you want to be the Cardinals and have to go Rosen because Allen is gone or the Panthers and go Brown because Burrow, Tua and Herbert are all gone? How would Panthers history be if we had to go Locker and Gabbert since Cam was gone?

We can easily be the Browns and Jets but it’s best to have our choice of QB even if we screw it up. Based on how many bad teams we play, we are likely looking at tier 2 QBs and that’s a hope and a prayer right now. I think we’ll be closer to pick 10 than pick 3. Having our SOS is good for tiebreaker but I think we’ll win enough to drop and unfortunately keep our coaches.

Best pick gives you the best opportunity to get it right. You get to choose who you want from the most opportunities instead of choosing leftovers. I'd rather play shoulda, woulda, could having got it wrong but at least having the shot to get it right. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll no poo. That why I was raising hell when it was rumored we were even considering trading for Darnold. The guy has been the statistically worst starting QB in recent memory. He has QB skills but he doesn't have a QB mind.

To be fair, we had a head coach who didn't have a "head coach mind" from that time up till a few weeks ago.

I feel like we could have nailed every personnel decision since January 2020 and still been a losing team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I like having a higher pick, but higher pick doesn't guarantee better pick.

A smart team can find an Aaron Rodgers in the twenties while a stupid one can get a Tim Couch at #1 overall.

Wherever we pick, get it right.

Aaron was a unicorn. Most mocks had him going #1 overall. A very unique set of circumstances caused him to fall.

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

More so than say...Kyle Boller 😐

That dude had a cannon. But he didn't have anything else and the cannon wasn't equipped with any sights. 😂

He was kinda the opposite of the typical Tedford QB and was probably why Rodgers fell. Like uh oh. We've seen this movie before. Just another Boller. The cannon won't matter when guys aren't wide ass open.

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll no poo. That why I was raising hell when it was rumored we were even considering trading for Darnold. The guy has been the statistically worst starting QB in recent memory. He has QB skills but he doesn't have a QB mind.

Sounds like Jeff George. And he got a lot of chances.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, falconlynx said:

Wasting y’all’s time tankers.

We’re going to be picking at the end of the first round when we win this sorry division and come into the playoffs hot. Looking forward to seeing what can happen with a strong run game and defense behind a coach fighting for a job. 

How did this obvious troll trigger you all lol

• Pie 1