• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If he were to be shopped this off-season , would you pick up the phone?

TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

And you think another average qb is going to change that? Lol. I'm not even going to waste my time debating this drivel.

Carr isnt average though. He is above average. Ranked among coaches as the 12th best QB in the league. He is in the same situation Stafford was with the Lions. Raiders problems arent Carr, never were and never will be. A Qb that throws for 4k yards per season at a 3:1 TD:INT clip... is not "average"

It also helps to look at the fact that the NFC doesn't have Allen or Mahomes. Let's look at all the NFC teams QB's and see if you'd rather have them or Carr. 

NFC SOUTH                   NFC EAST                    NFC NORTH                    NFC WEST

Pj Walker < Carr             Dak > Carr                   Goff < Carr                      Jimmy G < Carr

Brady < Carr                   Hurts > Carr                Fields > Carr                   Geno < Carr

Winston < Carr               Jones < Carr               Rodgers < Carr                Kyler < Carr

Dalton < Carr                  Heinicke < Carr           Cousins = Carr                Stafford = Carr

If the plan that Fitter and Tepper chose is to win now, then Carr is a good option. But I still think drafting a QB would be the best option for the long-term success of the franchise even if the drafted pick might be a bust. 

5 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Well you are more in the know of these sorts of things then I am. That said, I don’t think he’s had a 3 TD game in over two years so the idea he’s winning games is hard for me to imagine. 

Im not disagreeing with you. If we fall out of he top 5 I would be strongly considering Carr. But a guy that rarely even has 2 TD games doesn’t strike me as someone that is just going out winning games for his team. 

Something isnt right between him and McDaniels. Carr is a 3x Pro Bowler and under McD the entire Raiders offense has regressed. That could be because they don't have a good running game, so the defenses can dial in on the pass... but im not 100% because I have only watched about 4 Raiders games this year.

I did see a video of McDaniels yelling at Carr on the sideline, so I have to assume those two dont see eye to eye.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Carr could be our Tom Brady (Bucs) or Matt Stafford (Rams)....

He's not at that level. I think he's more along the lines of a Tannehill type. That's why I wouldn't give up a ton to get him. I think you're still shopping in the draft for a potential upgrade. He's likely worth more than I'd be willing to give up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

He's not at that level. I think he's more along the lines of a Tannehill type. That's why I wouldn't give up a ton to get him. I think you're still shopping in the draft for a potential upgrade. He's likely worth more than I'd be willing to give up.

I like to think he is a tier above Tannehill. Tannehill wasnt a proven QB before coming to the Titans. I actualyl view him more of a Stafford than anything else. DC4 is a 3x Pro Bowler and has been one of the best at closing out games in the league since 2015. He isnt careless with the football and has a beautiful deep ball. 

I wouldnt give up more than what we gave up for Darnold, and knowing the heartburn from that... i might give a little less.

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I like to think he is a tier above Tannehill. Tannehill wasnt a proven QB before coming to the Titans. I actualyl view him more of a Stafford than anything else. DC4 is a 3x Pro Bowler and has been one of the best at closing out games in the league since 2015. He isnt careless with the football and has a beautiful deep ball. 

I wouldnt give up more than what we gave up for Darnold, and knowing the heartburn from that... i might give a little less.

Oh, if I can get Derek Carr for what we gave up for Darnold I'm doing that. Especially if there's not a QB we love in the draft at our spot.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Something isnt right between him and McDaniels. Carr is a 3x Pro Bowler and under McD the entire Raiders offense has regressed. That could be because they don't have a good running game, so the defenses can dial in on the pass... but im not 100% because I have only watched about 4 Raiders games this year.

I did see a video of McDaniels yelling at Carr on the sideline, so I have to assume those two dont see eye to eye.

I could see McDaniels being the reason behind my concern about Carr's statistical decline the past two years.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, if I can get Derek Carr for what we gave up for Darnold I'm doing that. Especially if there's not a QB we love in the draft at our spot.

Is it a crazy idea to land Carr and have MC9 learn by backing him? I mean MC9 is a black box... we can all make assumptions by what we saw in the preseason, but to completely shut the door on him ..... feels knee jerk-ish. 

Obviously, this will all come down to the new HC and the Raiders willingness to depart with DC4 instead of McD. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Derek Carr isn’t a failed project…. He is a solid qb stuck playing for a poo franchise 

I mean he has been through several coaches now and has plenty of weapons. I get it’s not the BEST environment, but it’s far from the worst. I think he can be a solid QB, but I wouldn’t be willing to give up draft capital and take on a big salary for a “ solid” QB…

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Is it a crazy idea to land Carr and have MC9 learn by backing him? I mean MC9 is a black box... we can all make assumptions by what we saw in the preseason, but to completely shut the door on him ..... feels knee jerk-ish. 

Obviously, this will all come down to the new HC and the Raiders willingness to depart with DC4 instead of McD. 

I'm thinking more along the lines of having a guy like Carr might allow you to draft a guy like Anthony Richardson that has big time potential but is definitely a year or two away from playing.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I mean he has been through several coaches now and has plenty of weapons. I get it’s not the BEST environment, but it’s far from the worst. I think he can be a solid QB, but I wouldn’t be willing to give up draft capital and take on a big salary for a “ solid” QB…

We wouldnt take on the salary due to the gaurantees in the contract. Also, he is a 3x pro bowler. I just dont see how is project...   

Also, what do you mean he has plenty of weapons? He has Devante Adams.... Renfrow and Waller are on IR, and have played in only 4 games. Who else are you considering are his weapons?

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of having a guy like Carr might allow you to draft a guy like Anthony Richardson that has big time potential but is definitely a year or two away from playing.

I saw in a CBS mock draft that Richardson is expected to go in the top 10 now. Who knows... its only November.