• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please don’t screw this up

NAS

4 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

So you want to weight the QBs who never get an opportunity against all the 1st rounders who do get an opportunity. Try using snaps/starts. Use win%. Use GWD. Use any stat where you only weigh the QBs who have been given an opportunity to showcase.

Are you going to tell me that all the QBs who never got an opportunity for various reasons would have never thrown a single completion or TD. Would they have never thrown an INT or got sacked for a safety? You know they all would produce something. What logic tells you they are a big fat 0? Because they never got a shot? So, if the opportunity did not fall in place for Warner or Delhomme, they would have never been capable of success in the NFL? They obviously were always capable and had to wait for the opportunity.

The baseline is QBs who have received opportunities. Counting the QBs who have never gotten an opportunity would be skewing the data when the aim is the production of QBs in the NFL. You must remove all QBs who never receive an opportunity or make sure you reference you are counting all QBs who never stepped on an NFL field during a game. You may as well toss in all the QBs from college that tryout for teams and never get talked about eventhough you know that the NFL misses and there is a percentage of those QBs that would be successful in the NFL. You don't believe not a single one of those no names would never have success in the NFL. They just never got their opportunity since opportunities are limited.

There are more Warners and Bradys out there. I guarantee it.

You are wrong in tossing in all the QBs drafted/undrafted and never given a snap. I could take all the resumes/interviews in HR that get thrown out without ever considering them, and find that a large percentage of the resumes tossed found success with other companies. You would just count them as a 0 and use it to prove how your choice of employees are so much better than the resumes you tossed out. Look at all QBs given starts in the NFL, then get back to me.

It’s not correct to say because a Player hasn’t played a game that means they didn’t get a chance. That’s what camp and practice is for. 

Also, in the past 12 years 39 QBs were selected in the 1st round. 103 outside the first.

I’m not going to list the 1st round talent that hit vs the non first round that hit but it is a big gap. Both in hit rate and the talent level of first round guys vs 2-6 round guys.

Its about odds. Nothing is guaranteed even if the NFL used your super secret guaranteed formula.

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We still have a shot at the playoffs...

Looking at everyone's remaining schedule, there is a decent chance all 4 teams finish 7-10 and we win the head-to-head tie-breaker.  We have by far the easiest remaining schedule.  We probably lose to the Ravens and Seahawks, but the rest are winnable.  It could come down to the head-to-head games within the division in the last two weeks.  Could be crazy.

19 hours ago, NAS said:

Tired of perpetually drafting at 7 or 8.  Another win or two is meaningless but devastating to chances of drafting a franchise QB. Another win could even put us outside the top 10

I unerstantd and don't disagre but we can't tank on purpose because we lose draft picks as punishment.  Probably fines also.

People really overthink this. Go knock on the damn Panthers door and tell them to stop winning games if it bothers you so much. People act like if you cheer for a win you are part of the problem or something. You think people cheering for wins or losses makes some kind of difference? Damn this place is full of whiny bitches. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Luciu5 said:

People really overthink this. Go knock on the damn Panthers door and tell them to stop winning games if it bothers you so much. People act like if you cheer for a win you are part of the problem or something. You think people cheering for wins or losses makes some kind of difference? Damn this place is full of whiny bitches. 

I think it's dumbassery myself.  But whiny is softer on the Karen's. 

4 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

You sound like a bitch.

5 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Being a bitach is super popular right now, god dam shame......

*Tho when and if the panthers are playoff eliminated, I will be calling for to loss as well.