• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games Week 12

Varking

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He's inaccurate as hell. He misses by miles not inches on his bad throws. He will be an interception machine. 

Over his last 155 throws he has had 1 interception. That would be against:

LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, South Carolina and Vanderbilt. Lots of quarterbacks miss by miles when they have “bad throws”. He also throws lots of dimes. And he is doing this with scrub talent around him. 

Edited by Varking

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Over his last 155 throws he has had 1 interception. That would be against:

LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, South Carolina and Vanderbilt. Lots of quarterbacks miss by miles when they have “bad throws”. He also throws lots of dimes. And he is doing this with scrub talent around him. 

First of all he's at Florida.

You walk outside in Florida and reach out and touch 4 and 5 star WRs. It's not Wingate.

In the NFL those wild overthrows and missing wide will be picked. 

I am very rarely wrong when it comes to QB projections. There's a possibility he could exceed my expectations but I doubt it.

19 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

First of all he's at Florida.

You walk outside in Florida and reach out and touch 4 and 5 star WRs. It's not Wingate.

In the NFL those wild overthrows and missing wide will be picked. 

I am very rarely wrong when it comes to QB projections. There's a possibility he could exceed my expectations but I doubt it.

If you think Florida has its usual talent you are not paying attention. Their best players are transfers from Lafayette that transferred with Napier. They lost a ton of talent from the Mullens exit and finished pretty low in recruiting this offseason. It’s a clear gap between their talent at mid-tier SEC schools. Just look how Vandy’s offense moved the ball on their defense. Auburn is in the same boat except they don’t have a good QB to hide its roster issues like Florida does.

So who was your top QB prospects these past few drafts and who do you like this year? Since you are rarely wrong…

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then why aren't you working for an NFL team? Sure seems like there would be a demand for your prophetic QB projections since NFL teams are wrong quite a bit.

From the guy who wanted our OL to start punching players in the nuts to stop batted passes.  He is also a QB guru....

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If you think Florida has its usual talent you are not paying attention. Their best players are transfers from Lafayette that transferred with Napier. They lost a ton of talent from the Mullens exit and finished pretty low in recruiting this offseason. It’s a clear gap between their talent at mid-tier SEC schools. Just look how Vandy’s offense moved the ball on their defense. Auburn is in the same boat except they don’t have a good QB to hide its roster issues like Florida does.

So who was your top QB prospects these past few drafts and who do you like this year? Since you are rarely wrong…

I don't really love anyone in this class.

Young has a chance but his size is a problem. You already have Hopkins yelling at Kyler because he is short and can't see the middle of the field.

I think Stroud is a one read guy

I think Levis is an enigma he most likely won't transition. 

The coastal kid doesn't have enough velocity. 

I haven't seen the Stanford kid

From the limited I've seen him Penix makes the most NFL plays. He drives the ball into tight windows under duress. He looks the most like an NFL QB. 

Now the USC QB next year and Maye? They both look the part.

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I am not even interested in going back and forth on Penix.  He has been in college like 5 years and didn’t do much before this season.  You like him so more power to you

Levis is older.  Penix is 22 and flashed at Indiana before battling some crazy injuries (2 ACLs, Shoulder etc..) shortening his seasons.  This is his first year at Washington and he is crushing it.  The injury history is the biggest red flag IMO.  You are the only person I've seen talk about inconsistency being an issue....   I was just curious where you were getting that from.  If you don't think the player I can understand that.  

• Pie 1