• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games Week 12

Varking

15 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lamar Jackson is a low bar.

I'd rather have Hurts than Lamar

Hurts is more realistic, but with a stronger arm.  Few players can make people miss like Lamar does.  I don't think Richardson has that shiftiness to juke players,  he looks more like Cam running over players with good straight line speed.  I like what the Eagles are doing with Hurts, which is why I would be intrigued with the Eagles OC, Minshew, and Richardson.

14 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He makes great throws under duress. Have you watched him? 

Yes, and I will admit he makes some “damn” throws no question but I don’t want him early in the first.  Bigger fish to be had there IMO.

He had a huge throw to the sideline vs Oregon that most QBs can’t make.  So he has an arm

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yes, and I will admit he makes some “damn” throws no question but I don’t want him early in the first.  Bigger fish to be had there IMO.

He has a huge throw to the sideline vs Oregon that most QBs can’t make.  So he has an arm

No not early in the first.

I was thinking our 2nd

• Pie 1

Penix and Ward are both still looking like really promising prospects.

But keep an eye out with Clayton Tune.  He's on radars, may not be in a ton of articles or high in online rankings, but I love what he brings.  6'3 220, he's got the arm strength, above avg mobility, and he's become more accurate as the season has progressed.  Absolutely pummeled ECU:

Still digging Jake Haener as well.  The dude is just rolling

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-draft-qb-stock-watch-oregons-bo-nix-fresno-states-jake-haener-continue-efficient-seasons/

Gotta say, the QB prospects are so much more interesting than last year.  

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

First of all he's at Florida.

You walk outside in Florida and reach out and touch 4 and 5 star WRs. It's not Wingate.

In the NFL those wild overthrows and missing wide will be picked. 

I am very rarely wrong when it comes to QB projections. There's a possibility he could exceed my expectations but I doubt it.

First of all thanks for showing all of us you haven’t followed Florida. Sure we can reach out and touch recruits in Florida but they wind up elsewhere because this isn’t the The Golden Calf of Bristol and Chris Leak era of Florida. We are long past that. We have one five star WR on our team and he couldn’t crack the lineup at Penn State for two years so he transferred here for his final three years where he has done nothing. Unless you count setting career highs in yardage with Anthony Richardson this year. But it’s clear that Shorter got overhyped as a 5* because he played football in NJ and his size allowed him to dominate. 

The guy lining up in our #1 spot this year has been Arizona State transfer Ricky Pearsall who was a 3* recruit, not a top 150 WR in the class and not a top 1000 recruit in his class. Who also accomplished nothing so he left and came here. My best offensive players are a running back who transferred with Napier and an offensive lineman who transferred here with Napier. Not our “home grown” talent. If you are rarely wrong on QB prospects please give me your top five for this year and the order of what was your top five last year. 

Watching all the supposedly sure fire qbs yesterday leaves be believing that we need to get an OC and QB coach that can develop one of them. They all have warts.

I'm not sure how they will rank among the class coming out but I don't see a year one starter among them. But whoever the coach and GM will be they will take one of them at some point. I would hate to be the one trying to rank them on a draft board. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Watching all the supposedly sure fire qbs yesterday leaves be believing that we need to get an OC and QB coach that can develop one of them. They all have warts.

I'm not sure how they will rank among the class coming out but I don't see a year one starter among them. But whoever the coach and GM will be they will take one of them at some point. I would hate to be the one trying to rank them on a draft board. 

You don’t see Young as a year one starter? His only major flaw seems to be size which isn’t going to get fixed. 

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

You don’t see Young as a year one starter? His only major flaw seems to be size which isn’t going to get fixed. 

Nope. He's in a limited offense they run exclusively in the shotgun because he's too small.  He limits your offense despite how well he's played in college.  Don't shoot the messenger. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Nope. He's in a limited offense they run exclusively in the shotgun because he's too small.  He limits your offense despite how well he's played in college.  Don't shoot the messenger. 

I mean I am not sold sold on him but the consensus seems to be hes the most ready right now despite size. I have been staunch in preferring Stroud over him. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's not gonna get any taller. If you think he can't start year one due to this then he's never gonna be a starter.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would not take him or Stroud myself but that's just me.

I get it. Young's size concerns are very real and I'm just not certain Stroud still looks like Stroud on a team where his surrounding talent isn't head and shoulders above his competition. Very interested in seeing him in the playoffs and really hoping to see that UGA/OSU national championship game. They just seem like the two best teams by a wide margin.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Totally.  I can see a handful in this crop going higher than last year's but the team-to-team rankings could be all over the place.  There's guys like Stroud, Levis, McKee who fit the prototypical mold but the play is in question...and then the one's really showing off in games like Young, Penix, etc. are the guys with physical or developmental question marks.