• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember those draft picks for Watson?

NAS

10 hours ago, beo said:

there are two things we need to teach our offensive linemen

1. to start kicking the DL opposite them in the nuts and 
2. to have them trained to pull out assault rifles and immediately open fire on our qb if he dares leave the pocket

based on 2. i don't think lamar is a good scheme fit here

Everyone pooing and reporting this post... y'all realize it's sarcasm, right? 😂

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

Anyone asked yet why the Ravens are balking at a new contract for him (not re-reading)? They must feel very strongly that they can do more with the draft capital than LJ at that price and they know him best. I would have to agree with the Ravens on this one. Being good on a rookie deal is a lot different then the good you have to be on a large guaranteed contract. I have no problem with the guy but I don't think he is worth a top 5 contract.

It's a smart move for the Ravens IMO but they also can't be idiots with his replacement. If they get a playable vet and a project QB they should be fine which says a LOT about that entire situation for them. This feels more like a Seatle/Willson situation for them and less Detroit/Stafford to me.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, NAS said:

Nah that was all Rhule but Fitt gets the stink for executing the trade

Fitterer has repeatedly said that the correct path is to draft a quarterback and build around him. He said it over and over this past offseason almost like he was pleading his case for the team to go that route.

With Rhule gone, I expect them to finally follow that strategy, whether it be by sticking with Matt Corral or using a high draft pick this coming offseason.

(option two is probably more likely)

If they do sign a veteran, it's likely going to be a stopgap type.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Anyone asked yet why the Ravens are balking at a new contract for him (not re-reading)? They must feel very strongly that they can do more with the draft capital than LJ at that price and they know him best. I would have to agree with the Ravens on this one. Being good on a rookie deal is a lot different then the good you have to be on a large guaranteed contract. I have no problem with the guy but I don't think he is worth a top 5 contract.

It's a smart move for the Ravens IMO but they also can't be idiots with his replacement. If they get a playable vet and a project QB they should be fine which says a LOT about that entire situation for them. This feels more like a Seatle/Willson situation for them and less Detroit/Stafford to me.

He wants a fully guaranteed contract 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer has repeatedly said that the correct path is to draft a quarterback and build around him. He said it over and over this past offseason almost like he was pleading his case for the team to go that route.

With Rhule gone, I expect them to finally follow that strategy, whether it be by sticking with Matt Corral or using a high draft pick this coming offseason.

(option two is probably more likely)

If they do sign a veteran, it's likely going to be a stopgap type.

I am all for drafting a franchise QB if we’re convinced one is there at our draft position.  I think Lamar is a watch situation though 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Then they are 100% correct to move along. It's a terrible move with a salary cap.

I think they’re going to franchise tag him and hope he comes to his senses.  Watson and Russell deals blew up the market

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

I am all for drafting a franchise QB if we’re convinced one is there at our draft position.  I think Lamar is a watch situation though 

I don't.

For one, as stated I don't believe the team wants to go that route. But for another, if they balked at fully guaranteeing Watson's contract, why would they then turn around and fully guarantee one for Jackson?

10 hours ago, beo said:

kidding aside I like Lamar but that's a tough pill to swallow for any QB especially with a big payday due. it's hard to construct a team around a QB if the QB takes up so much of the cap and costed 3 1sts to acquire on top of that. If we're picking high in this draft I'd prefer just swinging at a rookie, having a good young QB on a rookie contract is invaluable in this NFL. 

Most well built teams build the team first and then get a QB on a Rookie deal. That's how KC was so dominate for so long. Now you can start to see the cracks in their game this year because they had to let players go because Mahomes contract is so large. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think they’re going to franchise tag him and hope he comes to his senses.  Watson and Russell deals blew up the market

And they both look like ginormous mistakes. I was wxpecting the tag but I don't expect him to budge until he test the market.