• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Broncos at Panthers Welcome Back Sam Darnold Gameday Thread!

Zod

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Last year and on the Jets it was a jailbreak everytime he dropped back.

So much so that on the rare occasions it wasn't a jailbreak his internal clock was rightfully sped up.

Would you trust Erving, Jordan, Effland, Miller to keep you upright?

This year he has a line and a chance to exorcize all those demons

He was worse when he had time. Just think you are all happy about 11/19. Wilks was even impressed and mentioned it in the locker room. That’s where Sam is as a player. You limit his throws so he can’t turn it over and celebrate if he is 11/19 with no TOs. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ve seen enough of Sam to know how he normally reacts to pressure. Hell sometimes he reacts that way in the pocket. He had nothing to lose today and was still 11/19 which puts him at what 57% accuracy. Richardson is at 55% in his career at Florida and you cry about his inaccurate he is. 

He’s a career 59% thrower. Cam was slightly more accurate, and we know how he feels about Cam, yet he still wants to go with Darnold. Darnold played behind an awesome line today, and still could not complete 65% of his passes. 

I wasn’t happy about todays win, but with other bad teams winning today, we’re still in decent position. Let’s see how Darnold looks as the season progresses. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

He’s a career 59% thrower. Cam was slightly more accurate, and we know how he feels about Cam, yet he still wants to go with Darnold. Darnold played behind an awesome line today, and still could not complete 65% of his passes. 

I wasn’t happy about todays win, but with other bad teams winning today, we’re still in decent position. Let’s see how Darnold looks as the season progresses. 

He is a walking contradiction. Just stated Darnold had more physical talent than Richardson…. It’s time to start realizing he is like 75% trolling in his posts. 

• Beer 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

He is a walking contradiction. Just stated Darnold had more physical talent than Richardson…. It’s time to start realizing he is like 75% trolling in his posts. 

Another thing. He gives Fields no opportunity to get better, saying he will be what he is with it only being year 2. Keep in mind, fields hasn’t been put in the best of situations. This is year 5 for Darnold. Now, we all can admit he’s been in some trash situations as well, but why does Darnold get an opportunity to get better but he’s automatically writing off fields. Both fields and Sam are 59% throwers. Only differences are, this is year 2 for fields. It’s year 5 for Darnold. Darnold showed he wasn’t very accurate and turnover prone in college, while Fields was the opposite.

Youre right; he contradicts himself. Either he is trolling, or he just really likes Sam for some reason. 

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He was worse when he had time. Just think you are all happy about 11/19. Wilks was even impressed and mentioned it in the locker room. That’s where Sam is as a player. You limit his throws so he can’t turn it over and celebrate if he is 11/19 with no TOs. 

Two drops at least today and two.throwaways min.

He only had 2 bad.throws today. That's reality 

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Another thing. He gives Fields no opportunity to get better, saying he will be what he is with it only being year 2. Keep in mind, fields hasn’t been put in the best of situations. This is year 5 for Darnold. Now, we all can admit he’s been in some trash situations as well, but why does Darnold get an opportunity to get better but he’s automatically writing off fields. Both fields and Sam are 59% throwers. Only differences are, this is year 2 for fields. It’s year 5 for Darnold. Darnold showed he wasn’t very accurate and turnover prone in college, while Fields was the opposite.

Youre right; he contradicts himself. Either he is trolling, or he just really likes Sam for some reason. 

Fields ceiling is Cam Newton maybe Lamar  neither of which is good enough. 

Sam with Cam's processing? Steve Young.

Cams problem wasn't mental it was his mechanics. Like  Jim Furyk a lot had to go right in sequence for it to work.

Who would you rather have Steve Young or Cam Newton?

Again not saying Sam will get better but he has a lot more arm talent than Fields.

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Oh why does he get the opportunity to get better?

Because he is on our team and under contract. That's why he gets the chance.

Fields is the enemy. He is on an opposing NFC team.

I will say the touchdown throw to DJ was very nice. But that's what we should be expecting on a regular basis. That's what we should be seeing with a talent like Moore instead of these fools dogging on him because Baker Mayfield's bum ass can't get him the ball. Sam is the bare bones floor level version of what we need. Now can people stop being dumb asses wanting to trade away our best wide receiver?

Edited by frankw

39 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Two drops at least today and two.throwaways min.

He only had 2 bad.throws today. That's reality 

11/19. You don’t give any other QBs excuses for throwaways or drops. That’s with our team running the ball 46 times. Denver (who is a bad team) was trying to stop our running game and he still only completed 11/19. That’s not a good day for any 5th year veteran… 

I put him around PJs level. Some good throws but not a consistent QB who will also not protect the ball. He is just Ginger PJ.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ve seen enough of Sam to know how he normally reacts to pressure. Hell sometimes he reacts that way in the pocket. He had nothing to lose today and was still 11/19 which puts him at what 57% accuracy. Richardson is at 55% in his career at Florida and you cry about his inaccurate he is. 

That's at Florida not in the NFL with 5 years of the worst OL in the country.

Your problem is you get hung up on flash.

I get it he looks cool. Just like Madden.

So did Cam. So does Lamar.

Flash doesn't make you an elite QB

7 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

That's at Florida not in the NFL with 5 years of the worst OL in the country.

Your problem is you get hung up on flash.

I get it he looks cool. Just like Madden.

So did Cam. So does Lamar.

Flash doesn't make you an elite QB

Burrow is probably my favorite QB in the league right now. He isn’t flashy. I just can acknowledge QBs that can run can also be effective. I say this as I watch the 9-1 Eagles carve up the Packers with a QB than can run.

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Burrow is probably my favorite QB in the league right now. He isn’t flashy. I just can acknowledge QBs that can run can also be effective. I say this as I watch the 9-1 Eagles carve up the Packers with a QB than can run.

I admitted I was wrong about Hurts.

Hurts is way better than I thought he'd be. He can throw. I respect him. Even though he is in our way and the enemy 

• Pie 2