• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All aboard the Wilks Wagon

Zod

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Rosen was a first round pick his staff couldn't develop or didn't scout very well.  Baker has looked no better with him as he did Rhule.  So what's your point? 

To be fair, it's not like anybody else has gotten anything out of Rosen either. He was just an arrogant prick.

And to his credit, Wilks wanted Allen.

37 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I think my statement stands on its own. He has been given dog poo for QBs. Makes it difficult to judge his actual HC ability. No coach can win, or win enough to make the Huddle happy, without a quality QB. Sam is as close as he's come. 

Seems disingenuous to judge him harshly considering what he's been dealt. Give the guy a real shot. Then see if he can get even more out of this team.

Edit to add. Also, I am far from the only one that has this belief.

We have played this game with QBs like Darnold.  Oh his OL was bad and he had a bad HC.  Let's give him another chance instead of someone else their first chance.  It doesn't usually end well...  

He had Bradford and Glennon as other options aside from Rosen.  Did they suck too? Sure, but he only won 3 games.  It was the lowest number of wins since 2000 for that franchise.  Even Rhule managed to win 5 games with shitty QBs.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

We have played this game with QBs like Darnold.  Oh his OL was bad and he had a bad HC.  Let's give him another chance instead of someone else their first chance.  It doesn't usually end well...  

He had Bradford and Glennon as other options aside from Rosen.  Did they suck too? Sure, but he only won 3 games.  It was the lowest number of wins since 2000 for that franchise.  Even Rhule managed to win 5 games with shitty QBs.  

THE Sam Bradford, and Glennon? You are using them as examples of quality QBs?

I guess we are going to disagree with this. Considering there are 5 more games to win. We'll just have to see how this all plays out.

1 minute ago, Gerry Green said:

I guess we are going to disagree with this. Considering there are 5 more games to win. We'll just have to see how this all plays out.

why was he in missouri last year and not on a nfl staff?

• The D 1

28 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Is Sam Bradford worse than Sam Darnold?  Because Rhule won 5 with Sam Darnold...  Bradford has about a 41.4% win percentage in the NFL.  He isn't good, but he isn't a QB that leads you to the worst record in the league.  I'm using examples of veteran QBs who could have used vs this rookie that struggled so much.  

I just think we can do better than a coach with a current win percentage of 26.1%.  If that's what you want you have your bar set too low...

2017 Cardinals 8-8.  Wilks takes over and they go 3-13.  It's not like he had a terrible roster. Kirk, David Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Budda Baker, Hasson Reddick, Patrick Peterson, Chandler Jones, Antoine Bethea....  That shouldn't be a last place team.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, it's not like anybody else has gotten anything out of Rosen either. He was just an arrogant prick.

Unless Wilks had a great OC (which he apparently didn't) Allen probably wouldn't have worked out. 

Also I wonder if he pushes for Richardson if he is our coach next year.  He is the most Allen-like of the group.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Unless Wilks had a great OC (which he apparently didn't) Allen probably wouldn't have worked out. 

Also I wonder if he pushes for Richardson if he is our coach next year.  He is the most Allen-like of the group.

He had Mike McCoy, then fired him and promoted Byron Leftwich.

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Allen took some serious coaching to be where he is today I don’t think Wilks and Leftwich would have got it out of him

• Beer 2

The more I think about it, if Wilks rallies the troops the rest of the way(which he sort of has already), maybe we just stick with him on a short term deal.

At least we might be able to restore some credibility to the organization and make it a more attractive option if we have to move on from him.

Plus....I am pretty concerned about Tepper's next hire. I sincerely hope he has some good FOOTBALL knowledgeable people around him for that decision.