• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All aboard the Wilks Wagon

Zod

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Whats his name?

Okay, well if you didn't see the difference between Darnold out there vs Baker and PJ I don't know what to tell you. Maybe he will start throwing bone headed ints consistently again but as of now that was good QB play. Not elite, not franchise but good. 

3 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Okay, well if you didn't see the difference between Darnold out there vs Baker and PJ I don't know what to tell you. Maybe he will start throwing bone headed ints consistently again but as of now that was good QB play. Not elite, not franchise but good. 

How the fug do you consider that good? 

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Bringing in someone else's OC to be head coach and call the plays does not ensure he's a good head coach either. You guys fall for whatever offense is showing off and then say that coordinator is a genius and should be our head coach.  Such a childish way of looking at it. But I don't really care because we have no say in it and Tepper is like a child chasing the latest new fad.

Bringing in an Offensive minded coach does ensure a change and this franchise needs one. We’ve been doing the same poo over and over to still be sitting here with an empty trophy case. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Bringing in an Offensive minded coach does ensure a change and this franchise needs one. We’ve been doing the same poo over and over to still be sitting here with an empty trophy case. 

Any new coach brought in will ensure change. It doesn't ensure that it will be for the better. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How the fug do you consider that good? 

Not really sure what you want me to say. He managed the game, didn't throw an interception. It is a conservative offense that opens up occasionally and he made it work. Like....what is the bar for good to you? Has to be 300+ and 3 TD? 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

You have no idea what Wilks will be for this franchise.  

You’re right but I have educated guesses like Wilks is a run first defensive minded coach with what a Head Coaching record of something around 6-16. If his co-ordinators are the people you want to see and you believe they will flip the script on his coaching career we should probably be hiring them. 

1 minute ago, Aussie Tank said:

You’re right but I have educated guesses like Wilks is a run first defensive minded coach with what a Head Coaching record of something around 6-16. If his co-ordinators are the people you want to see and you believe they will flip the script on his coaching career we should probably be hiring them. 

Funny thing is you have to be able to run the ball and have a good defense to win in the playoffs. 

• Pie 3

The argument for me now has to come down to specific names. I'm about 90% sold on Wilks and would take him over any of the following options 

-Any college coach

-Any defensive minded coach not named Bill 

-Anyone super unproven (less than 2 years of proven success calling an offence)

That basically leaves Sean Payton (who I despise but do think is a great offensive guru) or someone like him as the only type of coach I would be ok with passing up Wilks for. 

If they were to pass on Wilks to hire someone like Dan Quinn that would be idiotic in my opinion. 

• Pie 1