• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule: “I wish I never took the job”

CashNewton22

Can only laugh at him taking for credit how we've gotten better after he was fired.  Is he for real?  Essentially downplaying Wilks' abilities? Like seriously?

And claiming he was setting us up for "the big trade"? Pray tell, who the heck were you targeting?  Seems like this shmuck had ANOTHER bulsh*t vet trade target lol.  And some comments on reddit and elsewhere keep saying, "he may have not worked out in the NFL but he's a good man, will succeed in college again".  This does not equate to any level of goodness.   

He's not only a true definition of a loser (coaches losing teams and runs from accountability), but seems content burning NFL bridges and will probably just stay in college for the rest of his career.  I'm unsure if Nebraska will even tolerate his BS for long.  It may have worked at a Temple and a Briles-ruined Baylor program, but Nebraska? In that stadium? In a state where that's all that matters?   

I just don't see how so many in the media side of things and college ranks take this guy as a serious coach.  He's a complete joke.

Edited by saX man
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, saX man said:

Can only laugh at him taking for credit how we've gotten better after he was fired.  Is he for real?  Essentially downplaying Wilks' abilities? Like seriously?

And claiming he was setting us up for "the big trade"? Pray tell, who the heck were you targeting?  Seems like this shmuck had ANOTHER bulsh*t vet trade target lol.  And some comments on reddit and elsewhere keep saying, "he may have not worked out in the NFL but he's a good man, will succeed in college again".  This does not equate to any level of goodness.   

He's not only a true definition of a loser (coaches losing teams and runs from accountability), but seems content burning NFL bridges and will probably just stay in college for the rest of his career.  I'm unsure if Nebraska will even tolerate his BS for long.  It may have worked at a Temple and a Briles-ruined Baylor program, but Nebraska? In that stadium? In a state where that's all that matters?   

I just don't see how so many in the football world take this guy as a serious coach.  He's a complete joke.

I cannot wait to watch him crater Nebraska. 

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, after that poo, it should be fair game for the organization to drop the professionalism and just fuging skewer this fugtard. Air all his dirty laundry.

Totally agree.  What's funny is this man admits he wasn't a fit here.  Let's speak about "fitting in" and the social dynamics that subsequently happens when one doesn't "fit" within an organization.  

Very simple, you take a job.  You go to job.  You've decided you aren't a fit and no one likes you even though you have most of the control.  You admittedly stay at said job to satisfy contract obligations.  Because you don't fit in, you have decided that you have to protect your ass so you don't get fugged on your contract somehow.  You go through the motions to a fine tuned degree just doing everything contractually correct even though it's poor in results.  You are now a cancer in the organization, all because in your mind you didn't fit in.

That's what you did Rhule.  You deserved to get fired.  Get back to coach speak before you reveal more of yourself.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's so predictable.  I've watched some Nebraska content coming from their booster backed youtube channels.  While trying to paint some positivity on the hire, the undertones always seem to be ripe with feelings of this could be awful but we can't say it.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, saX man said:

I just don't see how so many in the media side of things and college ranks take this guy as a serious coach.  He's a complete joke.

Big trade would be bringing in Zach Wilson. 😂 
You know he’d do it. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said the same, but I'm not sure they'll do it. Fitterer doesn't really seem like the type.

Tepper might be, though.

Come to think of it, the guy spent millions to buy a mansion just so he could tear it to pieces. Is he gonna take this lying down?

I expect Tepper not to do that actually.

Rhule has a laughable legacy here but ultimately he took another job and saved Tepper a boatload of money.  Rhule has buried himself.  No organization will hire that guy again after seeing how bitter he is if things don't work out.  Panthers just remain classy here.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

These are softballs at the level Zach Wilson got.  

I mean, you really need to take a humble high road in public post-firing.  He's claiming his method wasn't given time to unfold but at the same time wasn't a fit.  He's just creating a bunch of conflicting, false excuses.  He could easily just say it didn't work out.  That's it, no excuses, it didn't work out, didn't compete at a high enough level, should have targeted a better offense.  But noooo.  He had it right all along and it wasn't given time lol.  My ass.    

It's a simple thing that so many seem to struggle with these days--it's okay to admit something doesn't work, it doesn't make you look weak to acknowledge weakness or a mistake.  That takes strength to own who you are and what you can improve on. This is like 3rd grade lessons so much of the world still begrudgingly refuses to learn from.  

He is pulling the same bs politicians rake over eyes of the vulnerable.  Sh*thead

• Pie 2

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

I expect Tepper not to do that actually.

Rhule has a laughable legacy here but ultimately he took another job and saved Tepper a boatload of money.  Rhule has buried himself.  No organization will hire that guy again after seeing how bitter he is if things don't work out.  Panthers just remain classy here.

Good point. It wouldn't be a good look for Tepper to skewer him publicly.

• Pie 2

They played two clips from this podcast on 610 this morning. It's even worse. I about drove off the road. Here's the link...

https://omny.fm/shows/the-season-with-peter-schrager/the-season-with-peter-schrager-nebraska-hc-and-for

I'll transcribe the most egregious parts...

39:10 Peter Schrager "What was the one thing you learned from your 2.5 years in the NFL as a head coach, and in the same vein, what was the one thing you would change?"

Rhule: "I, I, I think I probably would just probably would just have probably you know taken another job. You know what I mean? I think it's a great place, you know, wonderful people, but I just don't know if I was a fit there. You know at the end of the day you know we we talked about uhh hey we're gonna have a four year plan, a five year plan.. You know if you tell me hey we've got a two year plan then I'm gonna so sign a bunch of free agents and do it, you know so what was a four year plan became a two year and five game plan real quick. It's not about hey, and I'm not angry about it and I understand it but if it's gonna be that quick then we're gonna sign some more free agents, we're gonna go make the blockbuster trade, we're gonna do those things. I think the trajectory that we were on was correct it was to have a team that next year could make a big trade that could you know I see the signs of it right now, when they play well on offense they win and there's a good defense there. Umm, I give Steve all the credit, I give the coaches all the credit, but I'm part of that building process, so had that just maybe stayed through this year and maybe made the big free agent signing this year to get them over the top, I think the Panthers could win the NFC south for years to come. 

Peter: "Yeah and they still might win it this year"

Rhule: "They still might win it this year. You know I feel bad, I didn't say it on good morning football but Kyle picked us to win the NFC South, I told you guys and I told the team Hey guys I know we're struggling right now outside the conference but we will the NFC South if we stay to it. Hey I hated getting fired, I understand you know, when we're 1-4 but when I look at what Ron did and what Kyle did last year, I think Kyle was 2-4 last year, you know the only thing I didn't want to do was leave the guys early because I believe the team would have a chance if things started to click and PJ made some plays and won some games and D'onta Foreman is coming on and DJ is, so I give Scott a lot of credit but I, I, I also deserve some of the credit for some of the players being there.

Peter: "Absolutely". 

Rhule: "And uh for some of the culture that's been built, for the systems that were put in and um so yeah when I look back, what would I do differently? It's little things, I might not have signed this guy, I might have traded for this guy, there's no major one. You know I think as I've said to you like yeah we've had some close attempts at some blockbuster trades, and if one of those trades would have gone through we might be in a whole different spot but everything happens for a reason and you know I'm here and you know what? I'm probably supposed to be here. And I'm happy for Steve, I'm really excited for Scott Fitterer. I can't say enough of how much I think of him um but you know what Peter? I'll be honest with you, I think if you ask me to do you a four year plan, I think the four year plan was close. I can't say it was perfect but it was close but I'm hoping that you know and that four year plan is without Christian. Had Christian stayed, you know...*cuts off*

Me: "W T F"