• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper ‘Under Investigation’ Over Public Money

9 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Genuine question: has this team/organization been more of a shitshow on or off the field the last few years? It’s getting old. 

No. Never thought my love for the panthers would ever be in question….

*queue David Tepper - the one guy who has already made me lose significant interest and borderline not even wanting to watch them anymore. 

• Beer 1

Teppers first wrong move was going to crack hill. Now they want their money back because they couldn't come up with all the money and tanked the project. Got to love how they get to run the investigation. I'm defending tepper on this one because he really didn't do anything wrong. It was Rockhill who couldn't come through. If they would have just put the training facility in Fort Mill this wouldn't have happened. Rockhill definitely fleeced him now they are trying to set up a civil situation where they can go after his personal money. 

Long story short welcome to local corruption and how it's never the governments fault. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Teppers first wrong move was going to crack hill. Now they want their money back because they couldn't come up with all the money and tanked the project. Got to love how they get to run the investigation. I'm defending tepper on this one because he really didn't do anything wrong. It was Rockhill who couldn't come through. If they would have just put the training facility in Fort Mill this wouldn't have happened. Rockhill definitely fleeced him now they are trying to set up a civil situation where they can go after his personal money. 

Long story short welcome to local corruption and how it's never the governments fault. 

this isn't Rock Hill with this investigation.  This is York County.  

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

So he gave up on a bad hire after 2.5 years, that viewpoint effectively ignores the 2 years of treading water under his directionless leadership, until he came up with his master plan. 

and He still has no QB. I think the acquisition of Darnold showed the priority level, but it came to nothing and only desperation type moves followed, from Cam to Mayfield. 
Anyhow he still has no QB, but he has a soccer team and a lot of concerts and stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

The county sounds like the one party not in on the BS. So it's Tepper and RH, which he went to to do it his way. Ohh and his company was to be the bondholder to avoid state regulatoey oversight. With the way Tepper wanted to do this deal it was always going to happen this way, whereever he found a town that would do it his way.

He is getting his hand slapped while in the cookie jar. The reality is the sooner this is over, hopefully he learned some things, the sooner we can get on with what comes next. Maybe some day we will have more than a practice bubble.

• Pie 1

One gets the idea from history that the world doesn't revolve until Tepper wakes up in the morning.............

........its one big Ego here folks.

He was slighted on a wall street investment banking powerhouse once in a promotion and eventually when he got to the top he bought the multimillion dollar vacation home of the person who initially slighted him and then proceeded to have it leveled and then had another house built on that same plot twice the size of it...

...and if that doesn't reveal who you are dealing with you are blinded by his ownership of "your team". 

1 hour ago, stratocatter said:

So he gave up on a bad hire after 2.5 years, that viewpoint effectively ignores the 2 years of treading water under his directionless leadership, until he came up with his master plan. 

and He still has no QB. I think the acquisition of Darnold showed the priority level, but it came to nothing and only desperation type moves followed, from Cam to Mayfield. 
Anyhow he still has no QB, but he has a soccer team and a lot of concerts and stuff. 

Plus, taking real grass off the playing field at the stadium and replacing it with turf that the players hate and say causes injuries.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

I assume you are not in the KC area, as plenty of people said Clark Hunt was a crappy owner. And Tepper's issue is that he has little good to counterbalance the overwhelmingly bad/unpopular of his tenure with no real sign of that changing. He's earned it thus far.

I am not saying you are wrong about the fans take on Clark Hunt in KC but it would be hard to find any NFL fanbase that didn't have certain people that were critical of the team owner.

2 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

I think there’s something because Tepper went from “not my fault” to settle with both RH and York county for whatever they asked to sweep this whole thing under the rug.  Now the state is coming in and wants piece of pie as well.

Tepper will end up basically paying for this practice facility without having a practice facility lol.

When did Tepper agree to settle with SC for 'whatever they asked for?' I haven't seen that anywhere.