• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current Win Total Odds for Remainder of Season

MHS831

3 hours ago, Snake said:

With their defense I'm not sure why they are still sicking with Wilson. That's how coaches get fired right there. 

Because of the contract they gave him.  They are stuck with him until 2026 at least - and that still gets them 31 million in dead money.  The contract was 161 million guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Randolph Panther said:

If I was Hackett I would take a stab at playing a backup.  If the backup came in and played serviceable it might show that Wilson is trash and it wasnt entirely the coachs fault.

You don't have to put in a backup QB to prove Wilson is trash all you have to do is watch his past and present performaces this year.

29 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Because of the contract they gave him.  They are stuck with him until 2026 at least - and that still gets them 31 million in dead money.  The contract was 161 million guaranteed.

That leads to another problem.  Regardless of what they think of Hackett, I doubt they are going to get anybody interested in the job with Wilson burning an enormous hole in their cap and their ability to build an offense.

They created quite a mess for themselves by being so desperate for a QB they pushed that many chips into the center of the table.  They are at a point where they either hope Wilson can hit mediocrity or draft somebody who can and just accept that $161M handicap. 

They could be trying to win 13-10 games for several years.

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't think Hackett has any control over the roster.  He was hired to lure Aaron Rodgers via trade, but it didn't work out.  I think there's a near 0% chance he's the coach of the Broncos next season.

If I'm a coach then I would pause at that job. Renting a coach who has no ties to the organization is really crappy. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, BrianS said:

If a horse is lame you don't keep riding it. Nothing good will come out of it. Bad decision could end up being bad decisions. 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Maybe I have become negative but I don't see us winning anymore. We are not the worst team in the NFL but we are not a good team either. 

That is more realistic than us winning out.  I think we will lodge somewhere in the middle, 2-3 or maybe 3-2 if we 

The Steelers have found their footing, so they will not be a pushover.  Tomlin is no slouch, so it is no surprise they are stabilizing.  The Seahawks have come down to earth a bit, but they are still not the disaster everybody expected back in September.  Like Tomlin, Carroll is not exactly The Process.  Before the season began, my big concern about these two was that by the time we played them, their respective coaches would have figured things out and stopped the bleeding.

The Lions have won 4 out of their last 5, with the lone loss in the dying seconds on Thanksgiving against the Bills. 

The remaining two are against the Saints and Bucs, both on the road. 

What is going in our favor is that of those five opponents, only the Steelers rank in the top half of the league (5th) against the run in yards per carry.  The Steelers are also 7th in rushing yards allowed, while Tampa creeps into the upper half of the league based on that measure.  So, we may be able to avoid our lacking QB play in 3 or 4 of the remaining games unless we manage to fall behind big early on.

It is not the toughest schedule in the NFL by any stretch, and every one of those games is winnable.  If this were the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, or Vikings we'd be filling pretty good.  But it is not a cakewalk, and for the Panthers, every one of them is loseable, too. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

serena williams win GIF

Not at all I've lived through Jimmy Clausen this is nothing. But if you want to be a Sam Darnold jock sniffer do you bud. You've been waiting months for this lol. Are you going to take another hiatus when he inevitably sucks again? 🤔

Edited by frankw

4 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

That is more realistic than us winning out.  I think we will lodge somewhere in the middle, 2-3 or maybe 3-2 if we 

The Steelers have found their footing, so they will not be a pushover.  Tomlin is no slouch, so it is no surprise they are stabilizing.  The Seahawks have come down to earth a bit, but they are still not the disaster everybody expected back in September.  Like Tomlin, Carroll is not exactly The Process.  Before the season began, my big concern about these two was that by the time we played them, their respective coaches would have figured things out and stopped the bleeding.

The Lions have won 4 out of their last 5, with the lone loss in the dying seconds on Thanksgiving against the Bills. 

The remaining two are against the Saints and Bucs, both on the road. 

What is going in our favor is that of those five opponents, only the Steelers rank in the top half of the league (5th) against the run in yards per carry.  The Steelers are also 7th in rushing yards allowed, while Tampa creeps into the upper half of the league based on that measure.  So, we may be able to avoid our lacking QB play in 3 or 4 of the remaining games unless we manage to fall behind big early on.

It is not the toughest schedule in the NFL by any stretch, and every one of those games is winnable.  If this were the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, or Vikings we'd be filling pretty good.  But it is not a cakewalk, and for the Panthers, every one of them is loseable, too. 

Yeah if I was to bet on it I would say the Saints and Bucs are probably the most winnable. The lions after that but I would expect every team to shut our run game down and make Darnald throw. I didn't see anything in him the Denver game that says he is any different. I guess time will tell. 

• Beer 1