• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current Win Total Odds for Remainder of Season

MHS831

For those of you who are Tankers, you should know that the gurus in Vegas have the Panthers finishing the season with a record of 5-12 or 6-11--with a lean toward 6 wins.

Carolina Panthers: Over/Under 5.5 (-130)

The Panthers (5.5 wins) are 0-5 on the road this season but have won three straight home games under interim HC Steve Wilks. They’re getting +120 odds at Caesars to finish with five wins or fewer. (which to me, indicates that the odds of winning 6 games is slightly higher than 5)

https://www.thelines.com/odds/nfl-win-totals/

With the Panthers' current over/under at 5.5 they sit in the 29th best position entering this week--meaning if this were the draft order, they would pick 3rd. 

The Panthers have 2 winnable home games, however, and they have been winning at home under Wilkes.  Pittsburgh and Detroit.  They play at Seattle on December 11, and then after 2 home games, finish the year on the road with games at Tampa and New Orleans.

Just FYI

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

For those of you who are Tankers, you should know that the gurus in Vegas have the Panthers finishing the season with a record of 5-12 or 6-11--with a lean toward 6 wins.

Carolina Panthers: Over/Under 5.5 (-130)

The Panthers (5.5 wins) are 0-5 on the road this season but have won three straight home games under interim HC Steve Wilks. They’re getting +120 odds at Caesars to finish with five wins or fewer. (which to me, indicates that the odds of winning 6 games is slightly higher than 5)

https://www.thelines.com/odds/nfl-win-totals/

With the Panthers' current over/under at 5.5 they sit in the 29th best position entering this week--meaning if this were the draft order, they would pick 3rd. 

The Panthers have 2 winnable home games, however, and they have been winning at home under Wilkes.  Pittsburgh and Detroit.  They play at Seattle on December 11, and then after 2 home games, finish the year on the road with games at Tampa and New Orleans.

Just FYI

Our game in Seattle will be very interesting.  I think if we win this game we could run the table. I honestly believe the hardest game is going to be Detroit.  Their defense is playing much better and they have a very good offense.  If we pull off Seattle and win at home we would have a 4 game win streak going against Tampa.  Tampa has a couple of tough games they could lose.  If we go in tied with them a win would almost guarantee the division for us as we would have the tie breaker.  Of course there is always Atlanta.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Our game in Seattle will be very interesting.  I think if we win this game we could run the table. I honestly believe the hardest game is going to be Detroit.  Their defense is playing much better and they have a very good offense.  If we pull off Seattle and win at home we would have a 4 game win streak going against Tampa.  Tampa has a couple of tough games they could lose.  If we go in tied with them a win would almost guarantee the division for us as we would have the tie breaker.  Of course there is always Atlanta.

I see maybe 3-4 winnable games--so that is about right if we are predicted to win half of the winnable games.  To me, the Steelers are the question mark. I could see us losing out too.  Not sure about Seattle, but the rest are possible.  Detroit has been underperforming all season, and they are better than their record.  If I had that bet to make, I would definitely take the over.

Edited by MHS831

This season has become so crazy that I'm really interested in seeing how things turn out. I see us winning out and losing out at about the same odds. And everything in between is just as in play.

I really want to see us win big and win often, I'd love for Steve Wilks to pull out a miracle here.

• Beer 1