• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HOT TAKE Jaycee Horn isin't a shutdown corner

DMathematics

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

He just absolutely showed 0 effort on tackling that WR on the way to his TD. He is good. He is on his way. He isn not the best CB in the game. 

Garbage time, whole team gave up. I'm not holding him solely accountable by that. He shoulda wrapped up there, but we've seen him wrap up so I'm thinking this is the exception.

Dude made Metcalf almost invisible out there. He's up there for sure.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Rags said:

Garbage time, whole team gave up. I'm not holding him solely accountable by that. He shoulda wrapped up there, but we've seen him wrap up so I'm thinking this is the exception.

Dude made Metcalf almost invisible out there. He's up there for sure.

Garbage time isn’t an excuse. A pass came to the man he was covering and he bumped him, didn’t bring him down, and then didn’t hustle to go after him. No, this is not Horn’s norm. However, other players gave up on the play is no excuse for Horn to do it as well. Bad mindset. If it were 24 or 27 folks here would have ate them alive. 

Edited by Varking

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

He just absolutely showed 0 effort on tackling that WR on the way to his TD. He is good. He is on his way. He isn not the best CB in the game. 

Not yet, but he's incredibly good and very young. He very well may be the best in the league before long is his improvements continue. Hell, every CB has lapses in judgment or gets beat once in a while...

• Beer 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

Not yet, but he's incredibly good and very young. He very well may be the best in the league before long is his improvements continue. Hell, every CB has lapses in judgment or gets beat once in a while...

For sure. And that is where Surtain II is, currently. He studded it out his rookie year, too. 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Garbage time isn’t an excuse. A pass came to the man he was covering and he bumped him, didn’t bring him down, and then didn’t hustle to go after him. No, this is not Horn’s norm. However, other players gave up on the play is no excuse for Horn to do it as well. Bad mindset. If it were 24 or 27 folks here would have ate them alive. 

I'm not saying it's an excuse, I'm just saying I'm not holding that play against him because we've seen a multitude of plays where he's done the opposite.

For example, if it was 7, Shaq a guy who often goes for those type of hit stick plays, I'd give him poo because it's a habit but I'm not gonna hold this play against him.

I don't think C.J. is as bad as the huddle gives him poo for, so that don't fly with me.

• Pie 1

Just now, Rags said:

I'm not saying it's an excuse, I'm just saying I'm not holding that play against him because we've seen a multitude of plays where he's done the opposite.

For example, if it was 7, Shaq a guy who often goes for those type of hit stick plays, I'd give him poo because it's a habit but I'm not gonna hold this play against him.

I don't think C.J. is as bad as the huddle gives him poo for, so that don't fly with me.

Fair enough. I just hated seeing the lack of effort there. And for a dude who I know wants to be elite, he can’t have lapses like that. And it sucks when it’s one of our top players. I know Wilks will give them hell for it. 

• Beer 1