• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How good is Brian Burns 2022 campaign?

micnificent28

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Leave where i watched the game. He had a very nice tackle for a loss on a reverse and that key pressure that ran Mitch into luvu... Disruption is production. Hes not Myles Garrett or one of those bigger multi dimensional defensive ends but he is a number 1 EDGE.

Guy is just 24 and on a Great pace. chillout. Get him some help so he cant be focused on as the only presence.

TJ Watt has multiple injuries and outplayed Burns 100 fold today.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Nobody overrates mediocre Panthers players like Panthers fans 

Brian Burns is mediocre now... sigh the huddle never disappoints in terrible takes. If the Rams offered 2 first and a second for a mediocre player tell them to offer the same for Taylor. Hell I would even give them Gross Matos... toss in middleton we got plenty of those.

Edited by micnificent28
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Guys great when we blitz, which Wilks loves to do, but when normally pass rushing he is easily bullied. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Yep just about everyone on that list plays the run better with a better edge set and gets timely sacks and actual pressures when their team needs a play.

All the guys on that list don't quit when they don't instantly beat their man.

You know like when a team is driving and you really need a sack? Guys like Bosa and Garret get one. Guys like Lamar Lathon and Kevin Greene get one.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Yep just about everyone on that list plays the run better with a better edge set and gets timely sacks and actual pressures when their team needs a play.

All the guys on that list don't quit when they don't instantly beat their man.

You know like when a team is driving and you really need a sack? Guys like Bosa and Garret get one. Guys like Lamar Lathon and Kevin Greene get one.

See I disagree with this.

I'm not the biggest Burns fan and I was disgusted that we turned down an absolute haul for him, but he definitely gets timely sacks.

The problem with Burns is that he doesn't impact the game outside of that. The guys on the list above are problems on every down. Burns disappears for large stretches of the game, then comes up with a big TFL / Sack to remind you that he's been on the field this whole time. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

See I disagree with this.

I'm not the biggest Burns fan and I was disgusted that we turned down an absolute haul for him, but he definitely gets timely sacks.

The problem with Burns is that he doesn't impact the game outside of that. The guys on the list above are problems on every down. Burns disappears for large stretches of the game, then comes up with a big TFL / Sack to remind you that he's been on the field this whole time. 

I gotta disagree.

I can't remember the last time Burns had what would be called a "clutch" sack. A play where if he doesn't make that sack, we potentially lose the game. The majority of the time he whiffs on those kind of plays tbh

• Pie 3