• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Seahawks GameDay Thread

Zod

Seattle was 7-5 and is now 7-6. 

The have beaten: Broncos, Lions, Cards 2x, Chargers,  Rams and Giants.  Only the Giants have a winning record atm.

Seattle has lost to every team in the NFCS, Raiders and 9ers.  They have 9ers Chiefs Jets and Rams left.  I wouldn't be surprised if they ended the season with a losing record.

4 hours ago, Jacabee said:

Yep. There was that third down where he clearly had the first but instead threw downfield to Sullivan who barely even contested the ball. A little to Sam’s credit, the big dude looked wide open but did nothing whatsoever with his body to ensure that catch. 

Meh, it’s a bird in the hand situation. Sam seems to struggle with quick twitch decision making. The processing is a bit slow and throws everything else off. To compensate, I think we’ve been running scripted drives much of the time. None of it is optimal, but rolling the dice on Sam figuring it out is our best bet at the moment. 

Meant to quote another user, but in switching devices quoted myself. Apologies. 

Edited by Jacabee

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

The problem you have is that the NFL has moved on.

We dominated the lines of scrimmage and time of possession today and only won by a TD. You literally have zero room for error playing how Wilks likes. 

In the NFL you have little room for error each week. Wilkes is playing with the personnel on the roster getting pretty near maximum efficiency. 

I don't disagree with getting a new OC.  I think we need some more reliable weapons other than Moore.  You have to be able to throw the ball in this league.  That said what is best defense against a high-powered offense is running the ball and keeping them off the field. 

Get an offensive coordinator that likes to run the ball but has a good passing game to compliment that running game. 

• Pie 3

15 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Why? If it’s because he’s a defensive coach, you still need to defend the other team. 

If it’s because he values the run game, you still have to do that as well unless you have a top 5 QB, and even they benefit from the run game. 

You have to have a run game to be successful. You cannot be one dimensional and win the the NFL. If the Panthers had a top 10 quarterback and established receivers you would see more passing. Wilkes is working with the tools in his toolbox. 

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...