• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Future “Coach” Kuechly?

ncfan

25 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I am frankly not sold on Wilks yet, and I say that speaking as someone who absolutely loves the idea of a local guy being the HC. What has been said about him being a man of his word and shooting straight, those things are awesome and show character, something I'm very much in favor of. But I think we should all slow our roll about the team's performance right now, because I think Fhule was so incompetent (which the players not named Robbie Anderson had figured out), so full of himself and so disingenous that basically anyone else would look like Rudy to them once Fhule was gone.

I think we should see how Wilks interim tenure the rest of the season plays out, and in the offseason he shouldn't default be handed the position, but compared as dispassionately against other candidates as possible. I doubt Kuechly is going to join his staff before the end of the season, but it goes without saying I'd be a fan of Kuechly being on the coaching staff regardless of who our HC is.

I will not be rational about this.

Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, PanthersATL said:

Luke may not want to have the time burden of being a full-time coach, but might be open to helping the Defense learn/watch tape as part of game prep.

Ooo, the part of me that knows how much free time he's had to hunt and fish the past couple of years says you might be right. 

The part of me who knows how competitive a guy like Kuechly has to be hopes he'll realize the fish will never counter his gameplan and come back to the game as a coach to scratch that itch.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

The part of me who knows how competitive a guy like Kuechly has to be hopes he'll realize the fish will never counter his gameplan and come back to the game as a coach to scratch that itch.

His makeup is part of the problem.

He's the type of guy that throws himself completely into football to the point of near obsession. People like that are very susceptible to burnout.

He'll have to decide if he's prepared for that kind of commitment again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Cam's New Arm said:

Man could you imagine Luke as a DC? I guarantee he'd have these boys in the right spot.

Not necessarily. Great players don’t really make great coaches. Most of the good coaches were guys with enough talent to get them to the pros and ride the bench or a D2 scholarship athlete. 

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Ooo, the part of me that knows how much free time he's had to hunt and fish the past couple of years says you might be right. 

I guess you haven't seen the QB and RB Fatheads with hooks through them they have been putting in his boat.