• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Props

TheCasillas

I think darnold is physically gifted enough to be a starter in the NFL. So far he’s proven to not have it between the ears. He’s a game managing backup at best and the panthers should still be looking to upgrade the position. Even if Richardson is the pick and Darnold is the bridge 

18 hours ago, SZ James (banned) said:

Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 4.27.22 PM.png

What am I looking at here?   Sam with dreadlocks?   That's certainly a...look. 

18 hours ago, frankw said:

Definitely an option as a backup on the cheap if he's interested. He may have other opportunities though

I wonder about that, though.    He would have to know that if he is looking to start, it will be with a team (probably like Arizona) where the O-Line will once again be s--tty.     In the long run, It might be in his best interest to stick around as a backup here.  

17 hours ago, frankw said:

It's called consistency. You think I don't notice you start posting again when Sam wins a few games? Some of you just don't show the same energy for different Panthers quarterbacks. PJ got downplayed when he won some games and inevitably fell back down to earth like people who were realistic about it expected. I didn't see your don't be hatin gifs then.

Well PJ gets downplayed because he makes Sam Delusional look like Jake Delhomme at times.  lol

13 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Not taking a TE in the 1st round ever.. The positional value doesn’t fit.. If you’re not taking a QB, OT, pass rusher, or CB early in the 1st then trade down..

I'm agree, not taking a TE with our 1st round, especially this year with big need in many premium position. 

I want a new QB (Levis or Richardson) and will be in great position to draft one of this guys with a late 10. 

The TE class is good this year, we can draft with the 2nd round or 3rd round Dalton Kincaid or Tucker Kraft. 

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Fitterer isn't going to hitch his wagon to darnold as our only qb option next year. That would be stupid. Sam has played ok but he is not the answer at quarterback. Have to draft one this off-season. Sam can stay as a bridge qb or backup if he wants 

We have a couple more weeks, and I think a lot will be determined then. If we get BadSam back after these next four, he'll be relegated to backup someplace. But if he plays a good game manager style, who knows. The way I see our QB room next year is:

1) A veteran presence. Could be Sam. Ideally the bridge and future backup.

2) A rookie we draft - maybe in the first or 2nd depending on who is available. 

3) Corral, who will have a shot but realistically has a long road to climb.

Gives us flexibility to go into next season with a QB that (assume he does this) has won his last few games, while still having options behind him if he ... well, is what he probably is.

4 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

No new head coach is going to hitch his wagon to Sam Darnold.

if this team keeps playing like they are, I suspect there won't be a new coach...

edit: but I'm hoping Wilks / Fitterer will be smart enough to draft a QB anyway.

Edited by mav1234

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

if this team keeps playing like they are, I suspect there won't be a new coach...

edit: but I'm hoping Wilks / Fitterer will be smart enough to draft a QB anyway.

Not necessarily. People need to realize it doesn’t matter how well Wilks does. Tepper doesn’t care. He knows what he wants and will go after him. 
Wilks has a low chance of being out next head coach even if we make the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Not necessarily. People need to realize it doesn’t matter how well Wilks does. Tepper doesn’t care. He knows what he wants and will go after him. 
Wilks has a low chance of being out next head coach even if we make the playoffs. 

Tepper is insane if he doesn't retain Wilks if the dudes gets this team into the playoffs (unless we stumble backwards by everyone losing out or something shitty). I don't *want* Wilks but you really have to admit that if he wins the last two and brings the playoffs back to Charlotte you gotta keep him.  The only time a coach is fired after the playoffs is if constant expectations have been a Superbowl. We are miles away from that expectation.

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Tepper is insane if he doesn't retain Wilks if the dudes gets this team into the playoffs (unless we stumble backwards by everyone losing out or something shitty). I don't *want* Wilks but you really have to admit that if he wins the last two and brings the playoffs back to Charlotte you gotta keep him.  The only time a coach is fired after the playoffs is if constant expectations have been a Superbowl. We are miles away from that expectation.

Interim coaches have about as bad as a record as college coaches if they are retained. Almost all never made the playoffs after being retained or none have ever made the Super Bowl. 
It is not abnormal for an interim coach to do what Wilks is doing but it is normal for Wilks to fail if he is retained. 
If Wilks falls on his face next season I will be laughing and shaking my head while the coach we should have hired has more success. 
Panthers need a new direction not a return to a conservative defensive head coach. I don’t care if we make the playoffs. Wilks should NEVER be retained. 
Also Wilks won’t be fired he will just not be hired as HC. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Interim coaches have about as bad as a record as college coaches if they are retained. Almost all never made the playoffs after being retained or none have ever made the Super Bowl. 
It is not abnormal for an interim coach to do what Wilks is doing but it is normal for Wilks to fail if he is retained. 
If Wilks falls on his face next season I will be laughing and shaking my head while the coach we should have hired has more success. 
Panthers need a new direction not a return to a conservative defensive head coach. I don’t care if we make the playoffs. Wilks should NEVER be retained. 
Also Wilks won’t be fired he will just not be hired as HC. 

What interim coach has taken over a 1-5 team and gone to the playoffs?

• Pie 1

The ONLY interim coach I know of to lead a team to the playoffs in recent memory was the Raiders coach last year, but that was a team with a winning record and a stacked roster expected to make the playoffs. The situation was nothing like this at all IMO.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1