• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

@LinvilleGorge Loving how when cornered all you can say is "Can't win a SB with Sam Darnold", like anyone in this fugin' thread was saying that. All we're saying is we want to keep winning, because there's success in winning. Why go against what works instead of what might work?

And then there's not any arguments or reasoning behind it! just "He was bad before so he'll always be bad." and something abt training wheels because where running a system that attacks short and deep and focuses on running. 

You'd think you'd be happy waiting for next years draft class, we could get Maye! Definitely be better than golden boy Howell. Though I don't know if he can throw the ball as far as Zach Wilson, what a gem.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mahomes is having a mvp year without hill

Literally not the point of my question, there was context behind that question.

This question was wholly acknowledging the fact that the reason Mahomes had success is because he was implanted in the system Alex Smith helped build. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That’s literally not what you said.  

Because the conversation wasn't with you. You answered a question out of context that I was having with Linville. The context of when I first asked that question was established earlier, where we had discussed the Chiefs and their building.

Edited by Rags

20 minutes ago, Rags said:

Bro we're not winning a SB period next season stop capping.

You never answered my question -- Is Mahomes good without Kelce and Hill, and are Kelce and Hill that good without Smith and Reid?

Which is why I've been focused on the future since we parted ways with Cam, meanwhile the Panthers have been obsessed with bandaid approaches to desperately trying to win now.

Yes, Mahomes is still great without Kelce and Hill. Hill is already gone. Mahomes is still great. Andy Reid is the greatest offensive coach ever. Yes, he deserves a ton of credit. But before Mahomes he was just a guy who could never win the big game.

• Pie 1

For a decade people had been saying Reid just couldn't win a Superbowl. Then Mahomes came along... LG is right here... Mahomes is a great player, period.

Now, you could certainly say that his ridiculous stats are a product of his greatness *and* the greatness around him on the offensive side of the ball. But that is not the same thing as questioning if Mahomes would even be good without Kelce.

Edited by mav1234

18 minutes ago, Rags said:

@LinvilleGorge Loving how when cornered all you can say is "Can't win a SB with Sam Darnold", like anyone in this fugin' thread was saying that. All we're saying is we want to keep winning, because there's success in winning. Why go against what works instead of what might work?

And then there's not any arguments or reasoning behind it! just "He was bad before so he'll always be bad." and something abt training wheels because where running a system that attacks short and deep and focuses on running. 

You'd think you'd be happy waiting for next years draft class, we could get Maye! Definitely be better than golden boy Howell. Though I don't know if he can throw the ball as far as Zach Wilson, what a gem.

Cornered? How am I cornered? You keep making bad arguments and I keep letting you off the hook by not mocking you for them.

Your first gotcha example was how Todd Gurley led the Rams to a SB. Ignoring the reality that Gurley had been there for years and it was the addition of Stafford and his 4800+ yards and 40+ TDs that was the difference. Now you're trying to suggest Mahomes wouldn't be as great without Hill while Mahomes is playing great with Tyreke Hill suiting up for the Dolphins.

Listen, if you want to convince yourself that we can win a SB with Sam Darnold then by all means delude yourself. But don't act like it's an opinion built on anything other than emotion. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mcadoo didn’t have a lot of options employment wise      You think he was going to turn down the job?

He was already employed. He signed up for a sinking ship of a franchise thinking that Darnold would be his QB. Probably not a coincidence that it’s looked the best with him under center. 

• Pie 2

So Baker Mayfield who most here would agree was total ass cheeks as a Carolina Panther just set the single game completion percentage record for the Rams at 85.7% in a win where they dropped 51 points. Meanwhile some Panthers fans here are ready to crown Sam Darnold because he finally managed 68% with a 300 yard rushing day from his backfield. Gotta love the Panthers fanbase.

• Poo 1