• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Mcadoo developing Darnold??

WOW!!

Just now, CRA said:

Sam Darnold is a garbage.  Dishonest is taking a random game where we run for 300+ yards and pretending the worst QB in the NFL over the last half decade might not be bad. 

Uhhhh zero interceptions this year.

Panthers without looking are scoring the most they have per game since he came back.

We have been getting points on opening drives.

We have had back to back scoring drives in more than one game. How long has that been?

The team responds to him especially DJ.

Are you saying he has nothing to do with any of our winning? He threw for 225 after being made one dimensional against Steelers. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Rhule would probably still be coaching.

Sam being out forced PJ to start and accelerated the firing of Rhule.

It was a blessing in disguise.

Nah.  That ain’t true.  Because Rhule would still be over the O.   

we had CMC and Rhule wouldn’t even get the run going like Wilks is doing with average joes at RB. Wilks makes happen what Rhule bullshitted about in terms of being a running team.  

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Damn some of you are just dishonest. 

The week before? 

Was Sam playing D?

Was Sam blocking?

Was Sam dropping passes?

Despite everything being bad Sam kept us in that game belive it or not. When you give up 11 min drives it's way worse than the O giving up a 3 and out.

When asked to be the offense vs Pittsburgh, Darnold had only 225 yards, with most of 'em coming in the 4th quarter. 4 of our 5 first half drives were 3 and out.  Yes, the Steelers kicked our ass in multiple aspects of the game.  Yes, the defense folded in the third quarter HARD, but heading into the 4th it was still a 21-7 game, more than within reach with a competent offense.  Darnold was not the reason we lost, but he also was exactly as you expect a backup to be - insufficient to win a game with their arm alone.

Darnold isn't garbage, and he's played well overall, but he's got to show a lot more over the next few games to be more than a bridge/backup.

As to drops who dropped passes? As far as I can see nobody was credited with any.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Uhhhh zero interceptions this year.

Panthers without looking are scoring the most they have per game since he came back.

We have been getting points on opening drives.

We have had back to back scoring drives in more than one game. How long has that been?

The team responds to him especially DJ.

Are you saying he has nothing to do with any of our winning? He threw for 225 after being made one dimensional against Steelers. 

Yes.  I’m saying he has practically nothing to do with it.  Sam Darnold is just a bad NFL body and is just doing what bad NFL bodies do when put in good spots.   

We can win with PJ Walker if the run does what it did Saturday.   

Sam is trash.  A proven NFL fact. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yes.  I’m saying he has practically nothing to do with it.  Sam Darnold is just a bad NFL body and is just doing what bad NFL bodies do when put in good spots.   

Whatever Sam is, PJ walker is worse. 

https://twitter.com/KevinCole___/status/1607487133324804097/photo/1

edit: PJ played 2 more games / started 1 more, has 60 fewer yards per game, 3 fewer TDs, and 3 (more) interceptions. 

Edited by mav1234
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean your take is the stupidest thing ever posted here.

He's not Mahomes Rogers or Allen but at a 62% completion and 104 rating He's far from the worst this year.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I’d wager that is just a result of small sample sizes on the year factoring and skewing things.  

PJ and Sam belong in the same tier of QB.   We have seen that over the long run.  

I suppose it depends on how wide your tiers are. This year, Sam Darnold is miles better than PJ to date.  Career wise, they're both bad, but Sam is showing he may have a future as a backup.  PJ has done the opposite.

• Pie 1

On 12/25/2022 at 11:42 PM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Who is this draft would you consider a franchise QB?  I don't see any.  I see marginally better than Darnold but nothing screams game changer. 

Meh, Franchise quarterback can't really be established in College.  Have to see how they do in the NFL for a year or two before that can be judged.

I wouldn't mind if we keep Darnold and draft a qb anyway.  But we may keep Darnold and see what we have in Matt Corral.   That is less desirable, but will just have to keep our fingers crossed than one of the two work out.  

But of paramount importance to me is ensuring we have the right staff and team around whomever our qb is.  If Wilkes is the guy, and Mcadoo sticks around, then I would want to see us bring in a good qb coach at least.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

I mean your take is the stupidest thing ever posted here.

He's not Mahomes Rogers or Allen but at a 62% completion and 104 rating He's far from the worst this year.

Saying Sam Darnold is a bad NFL quarterback is about the most boring and safe take someone can take.  Only on the huddle would someone claim that is a stupid take.  Or maybe at the Darnold house for Christmas it would spark outrage 

17 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I suppose it depends on how wide your tiers are. This year, Sam Darnold is miles better than PJ to date.  Career wise, they're both bad, but Sam is showing he may have a future as a backup.  PJ has done the opposite.

Sam is a back up, possibly bridge game manager on certain teams/offenses.  PJ probably shouldn't be in the league except as a 3rd/emergency QB.  That's just my opinion on the matter.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Meh, Franchise quarterback can't really be established in College.  Have to see how they do in the NFL for a year or two before that can be judged.

I wouldn't mind if we keep Darnold and draft a qb anyway.  But we may keep Darnold and see what we have in Matt Corral.   That is less desirable, but will just have to keep our fingers crossed than one of the two work out.  

But of paramount importance to me is ensuring we have the right staff and team around whomever our qb is.  If Wilkes is the guy, and Mcadoo sticks around, then I would want to see us bring in a good qb coach at least.  

What kind of contract are you willing to give Darnold based on his play this year?