• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ALL ABOARD THE PLAYOFF EXPRESS

toldozer

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

That 1996 team was 12-4. 12-4. Do NOT compare this team to that team. The 1996 team deserved to be in the playoff and beat the Cowboys. 
This team is only potentially in the playoffs because the division is poo. 

They were not favored and dallas won the SB the year before. It was a big upset, similar if they match up this year. Personally not scared of any NFC team expect philly and if the QB gods bless 49ers....them too. Most are saying panthers have NO chance, they are wrong and that 96 game is proof..

Main reason is to show whats possible in the playoffs

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Basbear said:

They were not favored and dallas won the SB the year before. It was a big upset, similar if they match up this year. Personally not scared of any NFC team expect philly and if the QB gods bless 49ers....them too. Most are saying panthers have NO chance, they are wrong and that 96 game is proof..

Top 10 offense and top 10 defense that 1996 Panthers team had. Doesn’t matter if the Cowboys were favored then. It is not the same when they are favored now. So stop comparing the two. 
This team offense and defense is in the 20s. We have no chance to beat the Cowboys, a team that beat the Eagles and is averaging 30 points a game. Top 10 offense and defense. 
Wilks wants to run the ball. No gonna be able to do that only against the Cowboys. 
They are a Super Bowl contender. 
But you keep believing, foolishly, that this team has a chance to do anything in the playoffs. 
I’ll keep living in reality. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Top 10 offense and top 10 defense that 1996 Panthers team had. Doesn’t matter if the Cowboys were favored then. It is not the same when they are favored now. So stop comparing the two. 
This team offense and defense is in the 20s. We have no chance to beat the Cowboys, a team that beat the Eagles and is averaging 30 points a game. Top 10 offense and defense. 
Wilks wants to run the ball. No gonna be able to do that only against the Cowboys. 
But you keep believing, foolishly, that this team has a chance to do anything in the playoffs. 

Troy Aikmen, is this you?

Disgusted Dallas Cowboys GIF by ScooterMagruder

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

My 73 year old dad is in town visiting the family for Christmas (I live in San Antonio now (barf). And we were at dinner tonight reminiscing about that 96 game. Dad bought us great tickets for that game and we were talking about how Deion got kicked out or had to leave the game lol. Goddamnit if we get in and play the Cowboys in the playoffs. Let us win that game. I will walk up and down the street here in full Panthers regalia. I’ll have my 9 on me just in case lol. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Dude stop. Yeah those are full year rankings but the second half of the season were a top 10 team on both sides of the ball. Especially the offense has exploded. Get that Rhule stank off of you and get on board with a really good team, who is peaking at exactly the right time. Why not us?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, joemac said:

Dude stop. Yeah those are full year rankings but the second half of the season were a top 10 team on both sides of the ball. Especially the offense has exploded. Get that Rhule stank off of you and get on board with a really good team, who is peaking at exactly the right time. Why not us?

Wilks is 5-5 not a really good side and we’ve been punched in the mouth by better sides. We do well against poo defences 

11 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Thinking about buying some playoff game tickets thru ticket master or seatgeek.  

How does it work if we don't make the playoffs?  Do they refund the full price, or do they subtract fees from the refund?  

Wait till they go on sale for face value to the general public and try and snag some. I think they've held some back for that

• Pie 1