• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The letdown is disappointing but it's good for the future

LinvilleGorge

4 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

If the team sucks next year, trade everything you have for Caleb Williams. 

Check out his average time to throw. It's slower than almost anyone in the NFL. He's a helluva talent but the processing speed has to improve significantly because holding the ball that long isn't gonna translate to success in the NFL.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jopie87 said:

Run it back with Sam next year and draft Quentin Johnston.

If the team sucks next year, trade everything you have for Caleb Williams. 

If Caleb Williams is as good as you think he is, then why would a team in position, just pass up on that. I highly doubt we’ll be in position to get Williams or Maye next year. This team is a 7-10/8-9 team.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Check out his average time to throw. It's slower than almost anyone in the NFL. He's a helluva talent but the processing speed has to improve significantly because holding the ball that long isn't gonna translate to success in the NFL.

Is he processing slow, or is the offense that he runs dependent on chunk plays? If it's the processing speed, that is a huge problem because his arm talent would be top 10 in the NFL today.

5 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If Caleb Williams is as good as you think he is, then why would a team in position, just pass up on that. I highly doubt we’ll be in position to get Williams or Maye next year. This team is a 7-10/8-9 team.

That's why I want a QB now. If Maybe and Williams pick up where they left off this year, there's your top 2 picks in the draft. If we're drafting top two then something went badly wrong.

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Crap teams with young QBs already is who I hope will be picking at the top. Houston is taking a QB this year, without question. If that QB shows promise and they still suck, they're not going to double up on QB next year. Same reason the Bears won't go QB this year.

5 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

Is he processing slow, or is the offense that he runs dependent on chunk plays? If it's the processing speed, that is a huge problem because his arm talent would be top 10 in the NFL today.

A bit of both. He definitely holds the ball forever and you rarely see him identify something presnap and hit it quick. I'm not saying it's a deal breaker, it's just a legit concern that warrants plenty of scrutiny as teams evaluate him.

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, klumme said:

If not for the fact Tepper will pick the next HC by him self, I would agree. 

But... 

History under Tepper will show, we will win next week for moral you know, then he will pick a shitty HC. We will have a flame out Carr as our wildly expensive QB and will win 5-7 games next year.

a history with one example doesn't make a trend.  he's picked one HC.  failed miserably, no reason to believe he is incapable of doing better next time.

Sam has been overall the best player on offense since he started. He hasn't been perfect, but he has played well enough for us to win. 

In no world should he be the unquestioned starter next year, but I think it would be equally stupid not to resign him to compete.

Throw in all the other qualifiers, but he is only 25. In almost any other game this season (where we have CBs who just decided to not play and coaching that didn't adjust) we would have won.

Pass rusher is by far our biggest need IMO. YGM played better down the stretch, but he has done nothing to warrant starting.

Nothing is guaranteed in the future, but I personally think this team is on the best trajectory it has been in years

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With 3 turnovers and it could've easily been 4 or 5.

He's better than I ever thought he would be but he's not the long-term answer. There were very few throws he made downfield that weren't his first read. He's still the same guy. He looks great when the play works as designed and he can hit his first read. He's an extremely talented thrower of the football. But he's not a long-term answer at starting QB.

I don’t think anyone is arguing Sam is the long term answer.  With so many needs exposed, I am in fear of the team making the ill advised San Fran trade, just to get Young or Stroud.  We are not a QB away from going deep into the playoffs on a consistent basis.

We still need at least one, maybe two more drafts to plug the holes that were glaringly exposed today.  

Keep Sam, cut Sam, whatever, but for those others arguing to trade up, for the love of all that is holy, NO.

• Pie 4

Just wait until we win the meaningless game next week and keep Wilks because of the oh so wow 7-10 finish and the “job” he’s done that we should all be grateful for. Easier to settle than work for something better. Just need to trade away a bunch of picks trying to climb back up the draft order after pointlessly falling and grab more failed projects and rinse and repeat!

But hey, it’s what some people enjoy strive for and are proud of, the Carolina Panthers being average and mediocre

image.gif.e47d27664843d033ba0daca7ee5a76b6.gif

5 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing Sam is the long term answer.  With so many needs exposed, I am in fear of the team making the ill advised San Fran trade, just to get Young or Stroud.  We are not a QB away from going deep into the playoffs on a consistent basis.

We still need at least one, maybe two more drafts to plug the holes that were glaringly exposed today.  

Keep Sam, cut Sam, whatever, but for those others arguing to trade up, for the love of all that is holy, NO.

I wouldn't make that SF trade.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

a history with one example doesn't make a trend.  he's picked one HC.  failed miserably, no reason to believe he is incapable of doing better next time.

True. But pretty much every thing he has done here has failed in one way or the other. 

Hired Rhule and gave him a monster contract
Fired Rhule way to late
Let Hurney stay 
The soccer nonsens
The field
The training facility thing
The way he tried getting ride of the Keep Pounding

As of right now, he is shitty owner, so sorry to say letting him picking another HC worries me.