• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Downs 2nd round?

Panthercougar68

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It could happen. Teams could fall in love with Levis or Richardson (especially after the underwear Olympics) and he could fall like Fields did. 

Levis yes,  anyone that's wanting a starting QB out of this draft class knows Richardson absolutely WILL NOT be ready.  He has to sit a year.  You are not using a top 10 pick on that.

Edited by 45catfan

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Levis yes,  anyone that's wanting a starting QB out of this draft class knows Richardson absolutely WILL NOT be ready.  He has to sit a year.  You are not using a top 10 pick on that.

You would be surprised. I could see a team using AR in a simplistic running offense and letting him grow in it. The Bills rolled with Allen before he was ready and just let him struggle for a year or two. I could also see a team drafting him high with a bridge QB. Most teams will have some sort of capable starter before the draft because you don’t know if a QB will be available or not when you pick.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I say fug it, draft Anthony Richardson. Yeah, he's boom or bust. But you either get a stud or let him Jimmy Clausen you into Drake Maye or Caleb Williams.

The only problem I see is he is going to be a question mark still after a year. Remember it took Allen 2 years to look the part. So if we have AR and he struggles (as expected) do we still just draft Williams or Maye?

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You would be surprised. I could see a team using AR in a simplistic running offense and letting him grow in it. The Bills rolled with Allen before he was ready and just let him struggle for a year or two. I could also see a team drafting him high with a bridge QB. Most teams will have some sort of capable starter before the draft because you don’t know if a QB will be available or not when you pick.

I may be surprised or he may be the as raw as advertised.  Josh Allen went to a small school and was further along.  I wouldn't lump the two together.  Again, if some QB falls to #8/#9 not named Richardson and we draft him, I'll be begrudgingly okay with it. If we reach for Richardson there, then I will be freaking livid.  I hope Fitts is smarter than that.

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The only problem I see is he is going to be a question mark still after a year. Remember it took Allen 2 years to look the part. So if we have AR and he struggles (as expected) do we still just draft Williams or Maye?

Let the coaches and front office make the call. They'll know who he is by then even if the results aren't there. The Cardinals cut bait on Rosen after a year because they already knew he was an arrogant, uncoachable prick.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let the coaches and front office make the call. They'll know who he is by then even if the results aren't there. The Cardinals cut bait on Rosen after a year because they already knew he was an arrogant, uncoachable prick.

That's fair, but I also think Rosen was suppose to be much more "pro ready" than AR is right now.

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That's fair, but I also think Rosen was suppose to be much more "pro ready" than AR is right now.

Plenty of rookie don't play great. Allen looked bad. Trevor Lawrence looked bad. But after a year with the guy you have a pretty good feel for what he is, both physically and mentally and are in a pretty good place to make a projection on him in terms of his career trajectory.

• Pie 1