• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Saints let's get this over with GameDay thread

Zod

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Shooting up from 7 to say 4 with Arizona was doable. It’s not about getting any good player. They want a QB. So it was all about limiting the cost.

Guess we’ll see how it plays out

I dunno man, by 4 at least the top two QBs are gone, and maybe 3 depending on other moves.  This year is hard to move up period, because after Young and Stroud there is a massive drop-off it feels like.

• Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

DJ, swap firsts this year and offer the first next year and Chicago should say yea. 

We'll see. It would be shocking if we make it to draft and there's not reports of offers from the Panthers.

Chicago will almost certainly trade the pick. They need a lot to rebuild, and their fans love Fields. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Yeah there is. It moves us back 5 spots in the draft and means we will have to send like 6 1st round picks to get Young or Stroud.

They know what they are doing - they are making sure we don't get our franchise QB

Right.

That's exactly their plan.  🙄

Can I borrow your tin-foil hat, sir?  

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Yeah, way too much being made of it.    I generally ignore the tank crowd anyway.  

To be honest, I am not sure I would want either of the top two qb's in this years draft.  Young is small.  He looks great when he is playing on an offense surrounded by five star recruits, but when the talent is more evenly distributed, he might not last long.  Stroud is interesting, but still a 1 in 3 at best chance he becomes a successful NFL qb.  But if we move up and get one, then I will hope for the best.

I like them both but I share your reservations. I think the best years to move up are when there's a sure fire "generational" talent plus a couple of other quite-possibly-great guys. I don't think Stroud or Young have wowed people into the generational category, and the QBs behind those two seem like they're only being mocked near the top because so many teams are desperate for a QB.

• Pie 1