• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Jim Harbaugh - Carolina focusing attention elsewhere

therealmjl

if it's true that Harbaugh wanted 20m/year, a new GM, and full control?   I'm fine with Tepper walking away from that.

Wilks has proven he can coach this team and the players will work hard for him.  Other than not going for it on 4th and inches, fans really don't have much to honestly complain about what Wilks has been able to accomplish in the short tenure he's been in the role

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

8 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

if it's true that Harbaugh wanted 20m/year, a new GM, and full control?   I'm fine with Tepper walking away from that.

Wilks has proven he can coach this team and the players will work hard for him.  Other than not going for it on 4th and inches, fans really don't have much to honestly complain about what Wilks has been able to accomplish in the short tenure he's been in the role

Being a leader and getting guys to play hard for him and scheming for another nfl team are 2 completely different things. I respect the gravitas he brings and he would bring us back to respectability but we have to do better.   And it’s not the asst coaches it’s his entire old school mindset.   We have already done it that way 2x now.   It’s not that the style doesn’t work it just doesn’t work enough.   

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

We don’t know what all was being discussed. We don’t even know 100% if anything is accurate at this point. 

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

We don’t know what all was being discussed. We don’t even know 100% if anything is accurate at this point. 

I don't know if those specifics are true, but It wouldn't shock me if Denver ownership was trying to make a big splash (same as Tepper did with his first hire).

I'd add that while we don't know what his desires/demands are, based on his general personality and what happened in Minnesota last year, it's not hard to figure that they're probably...substantial.

21 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

How about not beating a team with a winning record and going 5-6? He’s not the long term answer. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if those specifics are true, but It wouldn't shock me if Denver ownership was trying to make a big splash (same as Tepper did with his first hire).

I'd add that while we don't know what his desires/demands are, based on his general personality and what happened in Minnesota last year, it's not hard to figure that they're probably...substantial.

I mean Harbaugh is a big splash Rhule is not.