• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do the Bears trade Fields and draft QB at 1?

*FreeFua*

2 minutes ago, MartyClemons said:

I think we’ve played ourselves out of that spot. If Chicago decides to trade down I’m guessing they’ll still target Anderson/Carter or someone closer to top 5.

This is what Chicago is hoping for. Get extra picks but keep in range of either Anderson or Carter. They need them both. So getting one plus more players is their goal. 

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Just to be clear, I love D.J. Moore, and had his picture as my profile picture prior to the current. However, I just cannot think of a scenario where Carolina will make a deal with Chicago without giving him up.

I agree with you actually. I don’t know if we would do it but I think that’s the only offer they accept from us. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Just to be clear, I love D.J. Moore, and had his picture as my profile picture prior to the current. However, I just cannot think of a scenario where Carolina will make a deal with Chicago without giving him up.

the only reason the deal makes sense is if you believe DJ Moore is being held back by our QBs - which I do and I bet Chicago would, too.  DJ plus OL upgrades instantly makes that an extremely dangerous offense.

• Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

I agree with you actually. I don’t know if we would do it but I think that’s the only offer they accept from us. 

It's going to be tough. About half the teams in the league will be at least inquiring about that pick, with Tepper being the most aggressive.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

You’re an idiot if you think I’m an OSU fanboy. That’s not who I pull for at all. Full stop. 

Look at your post history you thought Fields was the greatest thing since slice bread now you think Stroud and Young are on the same level (they are not remotely close), you probably were on the Haskins bandwagon 

Either way Fields is one of the main reasons the bears have a terrible pass game 

Just now, Aussie Tank said:

The Bears could flip the script on their franchise with the haul from trading pick 1 and their 100 mill for FA 

This is exactly their goal. 140 million after cuts, can trade the first pick for a haul… you get super competitive for next season in one offseason and hope to boom the one after that. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

This is exactly their goal. 140 million after cuts, can trade the first pick for a haul… you get super competitive for next season in one offseason and hope to boom the one after that. 

if they pick the right trade partner it's likely multiple top 10 picks (this year/in the future) as it is exceedingly rare a first round QB wins many games.  This could redefine that team, and if Fields flames out next year, they'll be in position to do their own trade up for a different QB.

• Pie 1

Just now, GoobyPls said:

Look at your post history you thought Fields was the greatest thing since slice bread now you think Stroud and Young are on the same level (they are not remotely close), you probably were on the Haskins bandwagon 

Either way Fields is one of the main reasons the bears have a terrible pass game 

Maybe you should actually look into my post history. I was never on the Haskins bandwagon. I was on the Fields one. I was on the Herbert one, too. Stroud is who I like this year. That being said, I’m very clearly a Florida Gator fan and lots of folks here can vouch for that. Assume less about me going forward. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Varking said:

After watching what Diggs did for Allen and AJ Brown did for Hurts their first move needs to be get Fields a No1 WR, Claypool ain’t that guy but he’s a solid piece 

Just now, Aussie Tank said:

After watching what Diggs did for Allen and AJ Brown did for Hurts their first move needs to be get Fields a No1 WR, Claypool ain’t that guy but he’s a solid piece 

Claypool would be a solid 2, just like Mooney. They need a 1.