• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

32 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Don’t know if anyone has listened to the newest episode of The Roar with Ellis but, and it was just speculation but Ellis doesn’t really talk to talk, that Kafka doesn't want to come here. 
I get this feeling whoever we end up as our HC a lot of people are not gonna be happy. 

is this the new episode that came out today? 

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

is this the new episode that came out today? 

Yeah. Ellis said he didn’t get the impression Kafka was really interested in the job. Sounds like they both were also down on Ken Dorsey. 
I had to stop while they were talking about them so I haven’t heard the end of it. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1

34 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Don’t know if anyone has listened to the newest episode of The Roar with Ellis but, and it was just speculation but Ellis doesn’t really talk to talk, that Kafka doesn't want to come here. 
I get this feeling whoever we end up as our HC a lot of people are not gonna be happy. 

I think you are referring to Johnson.  They walked up to the line of saying people got in his ear but never said it outright.  They just laid out the situation, and hearing like that I tend to believe them.   After hearing that podcast I would lean into reich getting the job based on being a offensive guy.  Something is clearly going on within the league in regards to our ownership/front office

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think you are referring to Johnson.  They walked up to the line of saying people got in his ear but never said it outright.  They just laid out the situation, and hearing like that I tend to believe them.   After hearing that podcast I would lean into reich getting the job based on being a offensive guy.  Something is clearly going on within the league in regards to our ownership/front office

We are the new browns 

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think you are referring to Johnson.  They walked up to the line of saying people got in his ear but never said it outright.  They just laid out the situation, and hearing like that I tend to believe them.   After hearing that podcast I would lean into reich getting the job based on being an offensive guy.  Something is clearly going on within the league in regards to our ownership/front office

Reich just feels like an offensive Rivera. That would be such a “blah” hiring. 
I believe that if Reich or Wilks get hiring it will be 3 year contract with expectation to win immediately. 
I don’t expect either coach to stick around long unless the have tremendous success. 

17 minutes ago, Panthers316 said:

Ellis don't know what he talking about  Albright has been right so far ben johnson was our number one shane steichen will be our next hc because wilks will be last resort 

Yes Albright had Wilks as third on our list

Payton

Steichen 

Wilks 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think you are referring to Johnson.  They walked up to the line of saying people got in his ear but never said it outright.  They just laid out the situation, and hearing like that I tend to believe them.   After hearing that podcast I would lean into reich getting the job based on being an offensive guy.  Something is clearly going on within the league in regards to our ownership/front office

Look at the situation from their side. 

You can’t succeed without a QB.

Anyone who takes this job will live or die by the QB they pick this spring.

The chance for success is low and Tepper’s expectations are high.

29 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Almost no new head coach walks in with an established QB. It's super rare. If they are looking for the unicorn situation, they will be looking a long time.

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I think its more of the totality then simply the qb position.  What is there to sale a new coach on here and do you trust fitt and tepper to help build the thing you want to.  Probably not after looking at the results so far

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Almost no new head coach walks in with an established QB. It's super rare. If they are looking for the unicorn situation, they will be looking a long time.

Exactly. Just like Payton said on the Herd back when we canned Rhule and they started trying to link him here.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

And that’s exactly what Sean Payton said on Cowherds show a while back. When coaches are fired 99% of the time the team is a wreck or close to it. He used the term “unicorn” when McCarthy got fired and Rodgers was there for Lefleur. He spoke highly of our team though. Again, I still don’t think we get him, but it won’t be bc we don’t have a qb. 

• Beer 1