• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Johnson has me convinced.

TheCasillas

26 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

1. Team had been a winner 

2. OC for years even a Super Bowl team

3. Team had been winning before he got there 

6. Had been a OC for years

There are context to every job.. The context here is this team needs consistency and competence in coaching.. The 1st time they actually got that they were competing for a playoff spot after a 1-5 start..

This team doesn’t need to learn another system and another philosophy until they can show they can build off the one they have now…

If a guy's got it, a guy's got it. He may only have one year of OC experience but has been an NFL coach since 2012. He's had a hand in nearly every offensive position over the past decade, having been a QB, WR, and TE coach prior to OC. He was also the Lions passing game coordinator last season prior to being named OC this year.

Edited by UNCrules2187

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Serious question.... what team doesnt share that same context?

Philly Miami nor Minnesota shared the same context.. They were teams who were making the playoffs looking for a different voice.. Since they already had a winning culture they can take a shot on a “up and coming guy” with no HC experience..

New York is close to our situation but they hired a guy with way more experience and years at OC.. Daboll didn’t just pop up last year as a name he had been talked about for years just like McDermott, and Shanahan..

CONTEXT!!

if were hiring a OC with more experience then 1 year at the job.. Im cool 

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

If a guy's got it, a guy's got it. He may only have one year of OC experience but has been an NFL coach since 2012. He's had a hand in nearly every offensive position over the past decade, having been a QB, WR, and TE coach prior to OC. 

How the fug do you know after 1 year???

Hackett had years of experience and ppl bet their reputation he had “it”.. What happened??

Rhule and Brady had “it” what happened??

Stop with this BS you have no clue about..

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

How the fug do you know after 1 year???

Hackett had years of experience and ppl bet their reputation he had “it”.. What happened??

Rhule and Brady had “it” what happened??

Stop with this BS you have no clue about..

lmao and I'm sure you have a clue about it with your vast NFL experience?

Also Hackett had years of experience and sucked which actually undermines the point you're trying to make

Just now, ladypanther said:

Zac Taylor was not an NFL coordinator at all. QB coach.

But what about that Bengals winning culture before he was hired!!!

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Philly Miami nor Minnesota shared the same context.. They were teams who were making the playoffs looking for a different voice.. Since they already had a winning culture they can take a shot on a “up and coming guy” with no HC experience..

New York is close to our situation but they hired a guy with way more experience and years at OC.. Daboll didn’t just pop up last year as a name he had been talked about for years just like McDermott, and Shanahan..

CONTEXT!!

if were hiring a OC with more experience then 1 year at the job.. Im cool 

Whats excludes the eagles, dolphins, and vikings from needing a competent and consistent head coach? Are their current coaches not compentent? Im confused.

I dont think you are using the word context correctly or you are attempting to use it in this situation when it doesnt fit....

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

lmao and I'm sure you have a clue about it with your vast NFL experience?

Also Hackett had years of experience and sucked which actually undermines the point you're trying to make 🙄

But you have a clue because Detroit offense looked good 1 year… got it !!! Lmao

He must be a guru in your opinion because that 1 year in Detroit… Chud must be smiling some where… lol

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Whats excludes the eagles, dolphins, and vikings from needing a competent and consistent head coach? Are their current coaches not compentent? Im confused.

I dont think you are using the word context correctly or you are attempting to use it in this situation when it doesnt fit....

They had a competent consistent roster.. They hadn’t come off years being built and coached by a college coach who didn’t have a clue.. 

Looked at their 3 years records compared to ours .. 

Playoff teams - 5 win teams

thats context that’s the difference in situations.. 

those up and coming coaches are coming into Veteran team that have won consistently.. This isn’t that situation..

Edited by WOW!!

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I thought the same thing, but I was wrong. Taylor is legit and has built one hell of a team. @Toomersgave me a hard dose of reality on Taylor.

I’ve listened to Cindy radio and beat writers and it was true.. Taylor was on his way to being Kingsbury before last years big jump and Burrows excellence..

Edited by WOW!!