• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Waldman's Breakdown of Anthony Richardson (QB, Florida)

Lemory

I came away from this feeling a lot better about Richardson at #9 overall. You hear from some NFL "experts" that Richardson needs time to sit and learn the game but this video shows he's ready to start from Day 1.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2022/12/05/matt-waldmans-rsp-film-room-qb-anthony-richardson-florida-the-underrated-pocket-manager-and-field-general/

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Lemory said:

I came away from this feeling a lot better about Richardson at #9 overall. You hear from some NFL "experts" that Richardson needs time to sit and learn the game but this video shows he's ready to start from Day 1.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2022/12/05/matt-waldmans-rsp-film-room-qb-anthony-richardson-florida-the-underrated-pocket-manager-and-field-general/

The throw at 13 seconds is fuging incredible

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Wow. I have yet to meet someone who regularly watches SEC ball who thinks AR does not suck. Starting him day 1 would be comical.  

I'm an Auburn fan living in Knoxville so I watch plenty of SEC football and I don't think AR sucks at all.  He is projected as a first round pick by many analysts as well.  I assume by your name you are just wanting Corral to have no competition next year which makes sense...

9 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

I will count you as the first. I am an Ole Miss fan, and I like Corral but doubt he ends up as a staring NFL qb, but we drafted him and should see what he has.  How are we going to get Corral and AR practice snaps next year?  

Florida fan here so you can accuse me of being a homer despite my take Trask shouldn’t have been drafted in the second round. I love Richardson, he’s a great kid, hard worker, will surprise folks in interviews and I think he’s better than his stats show. There’s plenty of folks here on this forum who have seen him play and watched how his WRs are trash and force him to try and play hero ball. 

• Pie 4

17 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

I will count you as the first. I am an Ole Miss fan, and I like Corral but doubt he ends up as a staring NFL qb, but we drafted him and should see what he has.  How are we going to get Corral and AR practice snaps next year?  

Unfortunately I don’t think Corral will hold much weight on decisions for our new staff. They won’t pass on a QB they like in fear of a previous coach’s 3rd round pick who found himself on IR all season. So Corral’s snap count will be irrelevant.
We should sign a vet like Brissett to pair with our rookie and Corral and honestly I wouldn’t be against letting the rookie play sooner vs later and just take his lumps.

On 1/9/2023 at 11:33 PM, Varking said:

Florida fan here so you can accuse me of being a homer despite my take Trask shouldn’t have been drafted in the second round. I love Richardson, he’s a great kid, hard worker, will surprise folks in interviews and I think he’s better than his stats show. There’s plenty of folks here on this forum who have seen him play and watched how his WRs are trash and force him to try and play hero ball. 

Yeah, there are so many variables that determine how a QB is "rated."  This video breakdown focuses on the things in the NFL that matter--his ability to navigate the pocket, read the defenses, turn his eyes away from the intended target to make his WR get open. 

Our WRs were not really getting open last year.  This could be what the Dr. Ordered.  I am intrigued and will watch more film on him.

43 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yeah, there are so many variables that determine how a QB is "rated."  This video breakdown focuses on the things in the NFL that matter--his ability to navigate the pocket, read the defenses, turn his eyes away from the intended target to make his WR get open. 

Our WRs were not really getting open last year.  This could be what the Dr. Ordered.  I am intrigued and will watch more film on him.

If you just watch his highlights you wonder why in the hell isnt he walking away with the #1 pick but then if you watch everything you wonder why in the hell is he coming out.

That said I hope we pick him at #9

On 1/13/2023 at 9:28 AM, mrcompletely11 said:

If you just watch his highlights you wonder why in the hell isnt he walking away with the #1 pick but then if you watch everything you wonder why in the hell is he coming out.

That said I hope we pick him at #9

Im kind of getting excited about him as well. That said, is #9 to high, is there an option to trade back and still get him?

27 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

is there an option to trade back and still get him?

The best candidates for a trade back would be qb needy teams so probably not. We certainly couldn't comfortably trade back behind the jets. It's interesting in that Atlanta, Carolina, and Tennessee all decided to take their preferred qb last year.  However, everyone assumes only Carolina wants to take another q