• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold had the 13th worst QB win in NFL history if we measured passer rating

ENC Pantherfan

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

the purpose of that QB/role isn't to see the field or play.  It's film, locker room, teaching etc.   They supposed to come to save us.  They are to help the staff with youth they need at the position. 

Sam Darnold serves no purpose.   And we don't need to bring in a 2023 version of Teddy, Sam, Baker. 

I've already said that twice. We need a Vet to mentor our kids. And probably play a handful of games. 

You have yet to even propose a QB for that position.

C'mon man. You have no idea how well Sam could do as a mentor. To dismiss him out of hand is just disingenuous.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't have an issue with running the ball well.  I simply credit the rush attack when it deserves it.  Not give the credit the bad QB. 

Carolina's run game was absolutely bonkers during that stretch.  And folks are pimping Sam Darnold?? lol.   What Carolina needs to do is acknowledge that feat....and it is one.  They traded CMC and then went crazy on the ground.   Not just good rushing.  Great rushing.  Especially considering teams were playing it.  

Oh I get it. Running game good. QB play bad. Except for the last game, Sam played well this year. Way too many ppl, for whatever reason, just refuse to acknowledge that fact. 

Nobody is PIMPING Sam. And I am sure NOBODY wants him as our permanent starter. But it scares you so much you refuse to even admit he played rather well this year. 

I just don’t see backup QBs out there that intrigue me more than Darnold who can also be had for cheap. Minshew and Brissett are probably closest to Darnold, but Brissett is 30 y.oz and Minshew played worse this year. Under an excellent offensive team too. 

Give me Darnold, unless we want to do the smart thing and truly tank for a 2024 QB. 

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

An ugly win counts just as much as a pretty win. Who cares what it looks like? A WIN is a WIN. 

I just don't understand this. Who spends 4 hours watching their favorite team win a football game, then complains about how it was won?

We beat a Divisional rival, at their place, and only lost 1 spot in the draft doing so. Triple win.

our only TD was a recovered fumble by a fuging guard. I'm good on watching that sort of display of offensive ineptitude.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Oh I get it. Running game good. QB play bad. Except for the last game, Sam played well this year. Way too many ppl, for whatever reason, just refuse to acknowledge that fact. 

Nobody is PIMPING Sam. And I am sure NOBODY wants him as our permanent starter. But it scares you so much you refuse to even admit he played rather well this year. 

He played decent his first 4-5 starts the previous year as well.  After a while teams are going to make you beat them in the air and overcommit to our running game.  When that happens you get games like last Sunday and many others the previous year from Sam.  I'm not against him as a backup, but I completely understand why people are still very concerned about him...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I just don’t see backup QBs out there that intrigue me more than Darnold who can also be had for cheap. Minshew and Brissett are probably closest to Darnold, but Brissett is 30 y.oz and Minshew played worse this year. Under an excellent offensive team too. 

Give me Darnold, unless we want to do the smart thing and truly tank for a 2024 QB. 

You know, this idea intriques me. Draft the best QB you can get and let him and Matt fight it out. Tanking without trying. Who would see that coming?

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

C'mon man. You have no idea how well Sam could do as a mentor. To dismiss him out of hand is just disingenuous.

he doesn't have the resume for the job.  nothing disingenuous about that.  his resume is factual. 

when a team is looking for a vet mentor/coach/QB.....you don't go looking at the biggest busts of the last decade.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

our only TD was a recovered fumble by a fuging guard. I'm good on watching that sort of display of offensive ineptitude.

The "Immaculate Reception" was a fluke play. Should we downplay that as well?

Sometimes you are the hammer, sometimes you're not. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

he doesn't have the resume for the job.  nothing disingenuous about that.  his resume is factual. 

when a team is looking for a vet mentor/coach/QB.....you don't go looking at the biggest busts of the last decade.

I give up. You will never give Sam one ounce of credit. So much so, you firmly believe he can't even be a mentor. Man are you stigmatized. 

And you have yet to name just 1 QB you would bring in to do all those things you want from him. And yet not start. Let's here it.

10 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

You know, this idea intriques me. Draft the best QB you can get and let him and Matt fight it out. Tanking without trying. Who would see that coming?

If we’re going that route, give me Max Duggan in mid to late rounds or a guy like DTR from UCLA in the 6th/7th. I think DTR could replace PJ Walker as a 3rd QB type. 

I’d want to spend our early picks setting it up for the 2024 rookie to come in and hit the ground running. Unless, of course, Duggan or Corral become the guy. I’m rooting for Corral, but those seem like long odds. 

8 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I've been saying this from day one. Play the rookie (whoever it is) and take your lumps. Forget the bridge qb BS. If the rook bombs you are in a good spot to take another shot in the next draft. Rinse and repeat until one sticks.

• Beer 2