• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HC Candidate List

Bear Hands

59 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

The Charlotte Observer confirmed Harbaugh and Tepper had a conversation about the Panthers’ head-coaching vacancy. Since then, Harbaugh released a statement via the University of Michigan’s Twitter that he anticipates returning to Ann Arbor.

The Panthers have not yet conducted a formal interview with Harbaugh. That could change. If it doesn’t then Tepper was not interested in handing over full control of the organization to another college coach like he did with Rhule.

The best organizations find and then successfully maintain alignment between ownership, the front office and the head coach. The next Panthers head coach must align with Tepper’s vision and Fitterer’s plan while serving as a CEO capable of authentic leadership and winning football education and strategy.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article271073677.html#storylink=cpy

Jonathan Jones confirmed we weren't interested in Harbaugh.

Guess nobody else was interested enough to suit him either.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

It doesn’t impact us. It comes from the owner.

People act like Owners are paying their staff out of pocket. It's a business, they pay the coaches from the income they make. And they won't pay more then would effect the amount of profit they want to make. It's why JR was so cheap, he wanted to pocket as much as possible (or his ownership group did). 

I don't know what the 'limit' would be because I have never seen actual finances from an NFL team but I have a hard time believing they would allow it to eat into a set profit amount. These guys don't get into the NFL to win, they get into the NFL to get wealthier. 

Coaches' pay does not effect the cap but it does go into the P & L so there is a limit each ownership is willing to pay. My guess is that profit rules supreme and the coaches are making a lot less then ownership regardless of quality. It does effect the fans because ownership will make decisions based on profit first, not winning. Great example is Tepper and his turf. The effect isn't always that obvious to us outsiders as that example.

56 minutes ago, Waldo said:

People act like Owners are paying their staff out of pocket. It's a business, they pay the coaches from the income they make. And they won't pay more then would effect the amount of profit they want to make. It's why JR was so cheap, he wanted to pocket as much as possible (or his ownership group did). 

I don't know what the 'limit' would be because I have never seen actual finances from an NFL team but I have a hard time believing they would allow it to eat into a set profit amount. These guys don't get into the NFL to win, they get into the NFL to get wealthier. 

Coaches' pay does not effect the cap but it does go into the P & L so there is a limit each ownership is willing to pay. My guess is that profit rules supreme and the coaches are making a lot less then ownership regardless of quality. It does effect the fans because ownership will make decisions based on profit first, not winning. Great example is Tepper and his turf. The effect isn't always that obvious to us outsiders as that example.

I’m still waiting on the NFL to create a Coach Salary Cap eventually. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

why? It's a franchise and how they manage their own money. The NFL doesnt run these franchises.... that's not how it works...

Because I’m waiting for some coach to get a completely nasty bag full of money which pisses of the other owners. Then you will have some of the teams that have smaller markets and revenues complain that they can’t compete with franchises like the Cowboys and the Broncos.

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

Because I’m waiting for some coach to get a completely nasty bag full of money which pisses of the other owners. Then you will have some of the teams that have smaller markets and revenues complain that they can’t compete with franchises like the Cowboys and the Broncos.

Not every year is 32 NFL teams hiring a new coach though... 

21 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I’m still waiting on the NFL to create a Coach Salary Cap eventually. 

I don't think there are any real issues at the coching level pay wise.

Owners running a reduculously profitable business with crap products on the field is an issue for over half the league. No way to fix that unfortunately.