• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

10 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

While Shannon Sharpe is one who says Lamar is right in what he’s doing. In fact; he says he’d do the same.

Understood, but my point was this isn't just a fan opinion.

I don't have any strong feelings about Jackson either way but I'm not in favor of shelling out for a deal like this.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Would love to see what Ben Johnson could do with a mobile QB like Lamar. If he can make a sub par statue in Goff look good… 

We would need one more WR that is a burner speed, a pass catching TE and a check down RB 

it’s baffling that BAL never gave Lamar more than Mark Andrews

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Understood, but my point was this isn't just a fan opinion.

I don't have any strong feelings about Jackson either way but I'm not in favor of shelling out for a deal like this.

$250 million check to a guy worth $15 billion is like asking you to write a check for $15

if BAL makes Lamar available it won’t be a money problem for Tepper

1 minute ago, TheBigKat said:

Your neighbor sold his house for $450k

your house is way nicer, larger, etc, in the same neighborhood, you going to accept $375k?

No you’ll be demanding $500k

thats what Lamar did and rightfully so, people calling him a loser/quitter shows you the lack of understanding basic economics 

Yo

1 minute ago, TheBigKat said:

Your neighbor sold his house for $450k

your house is way nicer, larger, etc, in the same neighborhood, you going to accept $375k?

No you’ll be demanding $500k

thats what Lamar did and rightfully so, people calling him a loser/quitter shows you the lack of understanding basic economics 

The greed of NFL QBs and their agents and idiot ownership is what is upsetting the balance of the league.

I have no problem with the best person at his position setting the market. I have a problem with the next man up setting the market because it leads to financial chaos. The Watson deal was dumb. One owners foolishness shouldn't determine the salary structure for the entire NFL. 

Guys are wanting 50 mil a year to play QB on a 53 man roster with a salary cap of approximately $200 million. That doesn't make sense on any level. 

It's unfortunate that guys get cut before the contract expires, but those guys aren't walking away empty handed. They get huge signing bonuses up front and a significant portion of those contracts are guaranteed. I heard one former GM all big contracts are essentially 3-4 deals. That's not the worst thing when you're making millions of dollars over that time period.

• Flames 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Pass on any and all QB trades unless it's moving up in the draft for one the team is sold on. Trying to take shortcuts hasn't worked out too well for the Panthers. Just draft a rookie and take your lumps.

I mean I get what you are saying but Lamar is an mvp while Darnold and baker aren’t even close. If they do go after Lamar, you know you’re getting a great player, trading for a rookie who has yet to play a down, to me, is more of a gamble. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

$250 million check to a guy worth $15 billion is like asking you to write a check for $15

if BAL makes Lamar available it won’t be a money problem for Tepper

I don't give a damn about Tepper's money.

I care a lot about the team's cap space and draft picks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Yo

The greed of NFL QBs and their agents and idiot ownership is what is upsetting the balance of the league.

I have no problem with the best person at his position setting the market. I have a problem with the next man up setting the market because it leads to financial chaos. The Watson deal was dumb. One owners foolishness shouldn't determine the salary structure for the entire NFL. 

Guys are wanting 50 mil a year to play QB on a 53 man roster with a salary cap of approximately $200 million. That doesn't make sense on any level. 

It's unfortunate that guys get cut before the contract expires, but those guys aren't walking away empty handed. They get huge signing bonuses up front and a significant portion of those contracts are guaranteed. I heard one former GM all big contracts are essentially 3-4 deals. That's not the worst thing when you're making millions of dollars over that time period.

If an agent isn't doing what is in the best interest of their client then that agent will soon be the assistant manager at Home Depot

I personally have no problem with these guys getting all they can get

Amazon paid Goddell and his cronies $1 billion a year to broadcast shitty Thursday games

• Pie 1

Just now, The Lobo said:

I mean I get what you are saying but Lamar is an mvp while Darnold and baker aren’t even close. If they do go after Lamar, you know you’re getting a great player, trading for a rookie who has yet to play a down, to me, is more of a gamble. 

You also need to look at mileage(injuries and just general hits) and cost(contract). The rookie has less of both than a 5 year vet mvp type.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

You also need to look at mileage(injuries and just general hits) and cost(contract). The rookie has less of both than a 5 year vet mvp type.

Very true, both are high risk high reward. At this point, I’m up for whatever…just not another middle of the road vet (Derek carr for example) 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

If an agent isn't doing what is in the best interest of their client then that agent will soon be the assistant manager at Home Depot

I personally have no problem with these guys getting all they can get

Amazon paid Goddell and his cronies $1 billion a year to broadcast shitty Thursday games

These guys and girls want “honor” from one side. When the other side is dishonorable, they explain it away “well, atleast the player got something.” Again, the Ravens organization wouldn’t even be in the playoffs if it wasn’t for Lamar playing the time he did. We see things fell apart once he left. He showed just by sitting out, that he is worth what he’s asking.

9 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Pass on any and all QB trades unless it's moving up in the draft for one the team is sold on. Trying to take shortcuts hasn't worked out too well for the Panthers. Just draft a rookie and take your lumps.

Ultimately, this is the route I’d like the organization to take. Draft a guy in the first, and let’s rock on. 

• Pie 1

Just now, AggieLean said:

These guys and girls want “honor” from one side. When the other side is dishonorable, they explain it away “well, atleast the player got something.” Again, the Ravens organization wouldn’t even be in the playoffs if it wasn’t for Lamar playing the time he did. We see things fell apart once he left. He showed just by sitting out, that he is worth what he’s asking.

Ultimately, this is the route I’d like the organization to take. Draft a guy in the first, and let’s rock on. 

I just love all the high and mighty speeches when everyone on here would do the same thing that Lamar and his agent (mother) are doing

• Pie 1