• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

Interesting note at the end: 

“Payton predicted that Jackson will be elsewhere in 2023. It’s a feeling that definitely is beginning to spread throughout the league.”

I wonder what the haul will be for whatever team would trade for him 🧐

ARTICLE: 

As the Ravens prepare to face the Bengals on Sunday night, they’ll do it without starting quarterback Lamar Jackson.

Saturday on Fox, a former NFL starting quarterback had some pointed words for Jackson.

Mike Vick had this to say about Jackson’s reluctance to play with a PCL sprain in his knee: “It’s the playoffs, you’re three games away. Put a brace on it. Get it going. Put a brace on it, let’s go. . . . I played a whole season with a torn MCL.”

During the same segment, former Saints coach Sean Payton expressed disagreement with Jackson’s decision to go public with his injury status, adding that Payton is “hearing grumblings” from the building, and that there are “teammates” who believe his “process has been slower than expected.”

Payton added that, if he were the coach, Jackson wouldn’t even be on the sideline with a knee injury that keeps him from playing.

“With a lower body injury, he’s going to be up in the press box, he’s not going to be on the field for me,” Payton said.

Jackson may never be on the field again for the Ravens. Payton predicted that Jackson will be elsewhere in 2023. It’s a feeling that definitely is beginning to spread throughout the league.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/15/mike-vick-to-lamar-jackson-put-a-brace-on-it-lets-go/

C82EC072-3ED7-43C8-A76D-FC87EE542012.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Look, I'm not saying the Panthers should give up the farm for a guy who you will need to sign to a long-term deal.  

But we owe it to the team to at least call the Ravens after their season comes to an end tonight and see what's up. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Where is the benefit in having a face of the franchise type of player, who tells fans to eat a dick, frequently misses time due to injury, and has been a god-awful turnover machine in the playoffs? No way to leave out the dollar cost of bringing this face of the franchise on to the team as well. Perhaps I am missing something?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He will want 5 years, fully guaranteed, at $250m.  To me, that is not worth it.  He is an exciting player, but at the QB position, you need consistency over highlights.  He has a 62% completion rating and averages less than 200 yards per game.

He usually has a solid defense.

And then there is the injury--will he be available?  Of course, you can ask that of any qb, but Jackson takes chances when he runs.

Will the new norm be fully guaranteed deals? I know the owners and GMs hate them and we’re quite upset the browns did it. Maybe, just maybe, there won’t be anymore. Now, there could be a lot of guaranteed money but not all of the contract.