• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper thinks Sean Payton could be our next HC now

ncfan

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This fanbase trashed Sean Payton for years for being a piece of poo. Now you get teased with the possibility of maybe winning a few games with him at the helm and you're salivating.

I mean, just go ahead and say it with your chest. You stand for nothing.

TBH, LG, I don't care anymore, man.  I dont think anyone hated Payton with the Saints more than me.  I despised him.  Loathed him.  But, seeing how the league has operated, especially since 2015, idgaf about integrity (within reason) anymore because they don't value it, honor it, and they don't give a poo about how you go about winning.  To see how they allowed open season on a fuging MVP QB and face of the league because he didn't fit he profile they prefer and paired with the officiating during Cam's entire tenure, I just stopped caring about trying to do things the right way.  In life? Sure, it matters, and that's how I aim to live my life.  But pro sports?  Especially the NFL?  That poo doesn't matter.  In fact, if I've learned anything, it actually pays to cheat and be dirtbags in the NFL.  Now again, I say that within reason - cheating to win and playing like scumbags on the field is OK in my book at this point.  The NFL has let numerous teams and coaches slide for years with this poo.

But Snyder/Ross/McNair-type bullshit where the off the field poo is harming others?  fug that.

Payton fits in the first type of dirtbaggery, and that is fine by me, now.  The NFL allows that stuff and the teams that play that way to excel, so may as well take advantage of it.  Being the nice guys of the NFL has done nothing but gotten us abused by the teams that care about nothing but winning...  so, as the old saying goes "if you can't beat them, join them."

***This is not intended as an endorsement of Payton, but if we hire him, I'm preparing to have to embrace it***

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm not gonna lie, personal hate aside, I am legit surprised by the amount of fans completely against him.

I’m not. Morality over legitimacy. I honestly commend them, but it won’t matter. 92.67% chance Payton is our next coach. Way, way, way too many signs pointing in that direction. It started when Payton was packing his bags, and he told Tepper they can’t talk right now, that’s was in October.

Edited by philit99

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

I’m not. Morality over legitimacy. I honestly commend them, but it won’t matter. 92.67% chance Payton is our next coach.

Again, I respect your personal stance, and feel the same way about my day to day life and the people I associate myself with.  But the NFL?  I just don't care anymore, man, because the NFL definitely doesn't.  Being moral and operating with integrity won't help you win a Lombardi, and you don't get any bonus points for it when all is said and done.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s hard to believe, but there is soooooo much smoke here. 

Candidates pulling out left and right. DC candidates are already being interviewed. 

Something is afoot.

Agree a lot of smoke here but there was also a lot of smoke with Watson and that wound up falling through. Also I remember a bunch of smoke with McDaniels before we ultimately went with Rhule

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s hard to believe, but there is soooooo much smoke here. 

Candidates pulling out left and right. DC candidates are already being interviewed. 

Something is afoot.

Can't wait for the NFL to announce that in addition to the picks we trade to NO for Payton that they'll be taking more as punishment for tampering with Payton before the negotiation period opened.

• Pie 1