• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Think it Should Be Wilks...

SetfreexX

7 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

It really is amazing how you Wilks supporters think that he is some amazing coach that was hampered by a bad situation and if he just has one more chance he will become the next McVay and lead the Panthers to the promise land. 
History says Wilks will fail and I will be laughing and laughing while you Wilks supporters try to invent some excuse as to why it isn’t his fault. 
Also concerning blinders. That is hilarious considering Wilks supporters are about as blind as a bat to Wilks problems. 

History also says these inexperienced OC's will fail or succeed the same way Wilks could fail or succeed.

The ultimate question is what makes you or anyone think a 1-3 year OC is a stronger option...what is the reasoning other than the ''the offensive guys wouldn't be conservative''. 

Steichen was the OC last in in PHI too, people want him now for two reasons:

1) Philly added a legit WR #1, and has had one of the BEST OLs the last few years

2) Philly won at a high clip this year

The two options above are possible because:

1) QB on a rookie deal that is ''good''

2) One of the best defenses in the league

No one was wanting Dorsey or Steichen back in 2020, they are the flavors of the month now, and if those teams didn't have a combination of - Coach / QB / really good roster most folks wouldn't even know who they are. 

Other than coach offense what would you say these inexperienced OC's would do better as a HC?

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Yeah, well Payton and other coaches would solve that problem too. Rivera had a culture and identify and he flamed out as well.

And Wilks will build that same culture and identity Rivera had because that is who he been with and learned from. The same thing that we have seen over and over. The definition of insanity. 

Edited by Byrdman4real

7 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Yeah, well Payton and other coaches would solve that problem too. Rivera had a culture and identify and he flamed out as well.

What other coaches....I already said I'd be on board with a proven NFL coach (Reich / Caldwell / Wilks) of the young up and comers who's going to come in and have players respect day one?

Dorsey might be the only one due to his time here, would he be a Rivera re-tread since he was on that staff, or since he eventually became an OC would he be ''an outside the box'' modern NFL guy who goes for 4th and short all the time, and is brash, etc. 

Also Wilks is not Rivera, anyone with eyes / football acumen could see there was only ONE way for this team to win games in 2022 with this roster. This years plan doesn't' apply to 2023.

Maybe some should consider that. 

4 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

And Wilks will build that same culture and identity Rivera had because that is who he been with and learned from. The same thing that we have seen over and over. The definition of insanity. 

Did McDermott do this, also Ken Dorsey OC for HC interview...will he also do this since it's ''who he been with and learned from''?

Or does being an OC absolve his from this blanket comparison...why isn't McD Rivera 2.0, he was the first Rivera tree hire....

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Then post what you have read from credible sources. Seems like that would clear things up pretty quick. Is there some reason you can’t post these statements you have read elsewhere? 

I read it from Darin Gantt.  I swore it was in ask the old guy, but it might have been else where. 

https://www.panthers.com/news/ask-the-old-guy-the-search-continues

I don't get caught up in keeping links of information I find intriguing.  Not sure why anyone would assume I'm talking out my ass.  

Take me for my word, or don't.  I don't go around blowing smoke. 

4 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

What other coaches....I already said I'd be on board with a proven NFL coach (Reich / Caldwell / Wilks) of the young up and comers who's going to come in and have players respect day one?

Dorsey might be the only one due to his time here, would he be a Rivera re-tread since he was on that staff, or since he eventually became an OC would he be ''an outside the box'' modern NFL guy who goes for 4th and short all the time, and is brash, etc. 

Also Wilks is not Rivera, anyone with eyes / football acumen could see there was only ONE way for this team to win games in 2022 with this roster. This years plan doesn't' apply to 2023.

Maybe some should consider that. 

McDaniel came in and established one right away with Miami

Dabol came in and established one right away with New York

Taylor has a pretty awesome culture with Cincinnati after a few years

It's worth taking a chance on a young offensive mind

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

Did McDermott do this, also Ken Dorsey OC for HC interview...will he also do this since it's ''who he been with and learned from''?

Or does being an OC absolve his from this blanket comparison...why isn't McD Rivera 2.0, he was the first Rivera tree hire....

Anyone with football knowledge know McDermott was the true reason behind most of the success on the defensive side. And he didn't learn from Rivera. Ken Dorsey didn't because he was offensive which Rivera don't even know well. That's why Rivera always said he couldn't answer offensive questions like that and left it up to his OC. 

13 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Answer me this how does Wilks make the Panthers a better team? Can he lead the Panthers to a Super Bowl. Can he get out of his conservative tendencies? Can he evolve and be modern. The way he played football this year won’t win very many games. 
Playing not to lose is what Rivera and Fox did and it lead to a lot of season where we lost by one score and probably would have made the playoffs more if they were more aggressive offensively. 
If Wilks does become the coach he needs to know that his offense is gonna need to score points and remain aggressive. Not get the lead and the sit on it. 

Well the honest answer to the Super Bowl question is we don’t know. Even our last two conservative coaches got us there. It’s a weird league. 

Wilks immediately made this current team better. But coming from Rhule, you’d expect that 😂

Regarding “conservative”, how do you define that? Some people think focusing on running the ball is conservative. I think conservative is “John Fox, put the ball on the opponents 35” type stuff. 

Wilks is definitely conservative by the first definition, but it’s the best way to win if you don’t have an elite/very good QB.

Wilks however isn’t conservative in the second way. He took calculated risk. 

And regarding sitting on leads, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I hate milking the clock and playing soft coverage.

I like Wilks to be clear, and I appreciate what he did. Wouldn’t hate it if he came back. I have come around to wanting an offensive HC though, with a veteran DC who just loves coaching defense. I get that OC’s are the hot thing now, so having one at HC is the safer thing so you have consistent offense. 

But Wilks is okay in my book. He helped wash that Rhule stank off this franchise. 

Sorry for the essay response. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

McDaniel came in and established one right away with Miami

Dabol came in and established one right away with New York

Taylor has a pretty awesome culture with Cincinnati after a few years

It's worth taking a chance on a young offensive mind

Those guys are taken, in MIA if you have Hill / Waddle / Gisecki / theose HBs / Armstead and that OL, plus that defense I'd wonder about the coach not to mention a top pick at QB. 

Daboll, furthest thing from young, was a proven NFL Coordinator was not a ''young up and coming OC'' -- inherited Andrew Thomas, and they draft the tackle from ALA who's name escapes me atm, and two picks before him got Thibodeaux. He also had a lot to work with and is closer to my alternates of -- Reich / Caldwell than that of they young, unproven OC's.

Taylor inherited the #1 overall QB in one of the few occurrences where it worked out. 

You're going to need to do a little better than that. What are those coaches doing in 2022 with what we had to work with. That would be the question I'd ask myself in your shoes. 

Not faulting them you coach what you get, but are any of them doing more with less is a better question.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I read it from Darin Gantt.  I swore it was in ask the old guy, but it might have been else where. 

https://www.panthers.com/news/ask-the-old-guy-the-search-continues

I don't get caught up in keeping links of information I find intriguing.  Not sure why anyone would assume I'm talking out my ass.  

Take me for my word, or don't.  I don't go around blowing smoke. 

But it wasn’t. How many different sites even have Panthers info like that? And most times people assume you’re talking out your ass because…..

you are on the Mt. Rushmore of “homers” for the team and have a habit of just stating things that aren’t true. And chastising anyone who dare say a team that is a top 10 draft regular participant might actually be wrong some(or most) times. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Toomers said:

But it wasn’t. How many different sites even have Panthers info like that? And most times people assume you’re talking out your ass because…..

you are on the Mt. Rushmore of “homers” for the team and have a habit of just stating things that aren’t true. And chastising anyone who dare say a team that is a top 10 draft regular participant might actually be wrong some(or most) times. 

Lol interesting perspective.  Thanks for your opinion. 

BTW, I have been on record more times than I can count for disagreeing to the teams decisions, since their inception.  

Don't worry about back tracking.  I learned not to give a fug about what others think of me long before I was adult.  I know who I am.  

One last fact.  I have zero desire to waste my time, talking out of my ass.  It doesn't matter whom is talking out of their ass, it's a complete waste of time, because nobody is going to believe them anyways. 

While you feel otherwise, I pray that you learn that valuable lesson sooner, rather than later. 

5 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Lol interesting perspective.  Thanks for your opinion. 

BTW, I have been on record more times than I can count for disagreeing to the teams decisions, since their inception.  

Don't worry about back tracking.  I learned not to give a fug about what others think of me long before I was adult.  I know who I am.  

One last fact.  I have zero desire to waste my time, talking out of my ass.  It doesn't matter whom is talking out of their ass, it's a complete waste of time, because nobody is going to believe them anyways. 

While you feel otherwise, I pray that you learn that valuable lesson sooner, rather than later. 

Any of them “documented” on here? The last 5 years? Feel free to show me. 

The rest is just a long winding road leading to the same BS to deflect away from you calling some out for “only reading on here” when you can’t produce anything at all to back up your rambling

• Pie 1

Just now, Toomers said:

Any of them “documented” on here? The last 5 years? Feel free to show me. 

The rest is just a long winding road leading to the same BS to deflect away from you calling some out for “only reading on here” when you can’t produce anything at all to back up your rambling

If you can't use a search button on your own, then that's not my problem. 

Once again, I don't care enough to waste my time proving to you who I am. 

I know who I am. 

The only time you ever quote me is to call me out anyways, so you're always have an agenda with me.  You need to stop trying to tell.me.who I am.