• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

20 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Seravalli also mentioned Nick Schmaltz is being shopped by Zona and that the Canes may be interested, he also mentioned that the Canes are still interested in Kane.

Schmaltz would be a nice pick up if we don't land Timo.

Again, I think GMDW has a shopping list and if he doesn't land his #1 he has some backup plans.  I also wouldn't be surprised if a 3rd pair D-man is acquired for a small price.

We have a very good team, we just need to stay healthy and we need Freddy to play well.  Raanta always scares me, but hopefully he'll play as well as he did in the playoffs down the stretch.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

I want to slap Adam Gold. He said today that Slavin has been traded, but not Jaccob. I wanted to reach through the speakers and choke him.

Gold is God awful... I hate that they let him have the pre/post game shows on The Fan.

• Pie 3

I think the Rangers may be messing around with their chemistry by getting Kane.  He feels "spurned" by them, but it's the one team he really wanted to go to along with Toronto from what I read.

How do the Rangers acquire him when they are up against the cap with a deal that favors them?  It's odd, they have to get help from another team so it's going to cost them something.  At any rate I didn't want Kane here simply because he doesn't want to be here.  So he can take his prima donna ass right to New York. 

If the Canes feel like they are Cup contenders then they have to respond to everything going on in the East.  The Bruins gave up a lot to Washington in that Smith trade to get Orlov and Hathaway, with the Wild helping out taking on 50% of Orlov's salary for a 5th round pick.

It comes down to the Canes and the Devils for Timo in my opinion.  Carolina is in better position financially to make it happen, although we will have to give up a 1st and two solid prospects (Drury and Morrow?) or possibly a 1st, 2nd, and a prospect.  NJ is not budging on giving up Mercer so I just don't know what they have to offer that can beat a package we can put together, but anything is possible.

It's getting interesting!

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think the Rangers may be messing around with their chemistry by getting Kane.  He feels "spurned" by them, but it's the one team he really wanted to go to along with Toronto from what I read.

How do the Rangers acquire him when they are up against the cap with a deal that favors them?  It's odd, they have to get help from another team so it's going to cost them something.  At any rate I didn't want Kane here simply because he doesn't want to be here.  So he can take his prima donna ass right to New York. 

If the Canes feel like they are Cup contenders then they have to respond to everything going on in the East.  The Bruins gave up a lot to Washington in that Smith trade to get Orlov and Hathaway, with the Wild helping out taking on 50% of Orlov's salary for a 5th round pick.

It comes down to the Canes and the Devils for Timo in my opinion.  Carolina is in better position financially to make it happen, although we will have to give up a 1st and two solid prospects (Drury and Morrow?) or possibly a 1st, 2nd, and a prospect.  NJ is not budging on giving up Mercer so I just don't know what they have to offer that can beat a package we can put together, but anything is possible.

It's getting interesting!

Rangers can make it work by shipping out a couple of guys and adding a third team to retain an additional 25% of Kane’s contract. They’ll get Kane retained at 75%.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1