• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Do you think Frank Reich is even remotely close to any of the names you mentioned? 

Bill Belichick wasn't "Bill Belichick" when he took over the Patriots. Ditto Levy. Hell, plenty of people were laughing (me included) when the Seahawks decided to give Pete Carroll his third or fourth chance.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I have no problem with the zoom interview thing.  The candidate is based on their responses.  Zoom or in person does not change that.

Plus,,,the bozo in the room last time (in person mind you) was Hurney.  Tepper new and too gullible.

I hear you, but when you are talking about coaching a multi billion dollar franchise I kindof would give a guy the benefit of the doubt if he doesnt come across well on zoom.  It doesnt hurt anyone to fly him (and kafka) down to pick his brain.

Unless of course tepper is just impatient and wants this over

Edited by mrcompletely11

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So it kindof worked 30 years ago? 

That's an example I could think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

Pretty sure that's what the Patriots planned to do with McDaniels before he bolted. Now I think the plan is to go with Jerod Mayo.

The NFL hasn't always been like it is now.

Edited by Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Pete Carroll, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, Andy Reid, etc, etc, etc.

Vermeil, Reid, Levy & Pedersen were pretty successful before their second gigs. In a way, Parcells and Carrol l were too. There was plenty of evidence that they were good coaches and shouldn't have been axed. Perhaps Reich is of that same ilk, but perhaps not. 

I wouldn't abhor the hire, but won't be jumping for joy either.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Someone sell me on Reich. On the one hand Indy's ownership is a dumpster fire at best Irsay is a clown of the highest order. On the other hand who was it that pushed for Wentz? And there were some abysmal offensive performances with Reich at the helm.

He pushed for Wentz after he took the job.  Luck retired.   And instead of drafting him one.  Irsay and Ballard decided to get him Jacolby Brissett and Old Man River.  So eventually he decided to just grab a guy he had success with in Philly.

He still had 3 winning seasons out of 4 despite all that.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

That's a bad take. 99 percent of coaches have been fired and don't do squat.  At least give me a guy who has had won some playoff games.

Gruden and Bellicheck were both traded for btw. Andy Reid had sustained playoff success in Philly. He went to 4 straight NFC championship games and a SB. Shanahan had John Elway, the best RB, an elite Online, and two HOF receivers.  

Belichick was fired from the Browns as their HC. He was later traded by the Jets to the Pats.

I don’t want Reich but shitting on him for turning chicken poo into chicken salad in Indianapolis is uneducated.

The next coach won’t be anywhere near success in Indy as long as Ballard and Irsay are micromanaging everything. 

His Quarterbacks in his 4.5 years.

2018-Andrew Luck

2019- Jacoby Brissett

2020- 40 Year old Phillip Rivers

2021- Carson Wentz

2022- 37 year Old Matt Ryan

Edited by Cdparr7
Spelling
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

kindof would give a guy the benefit of the doubt if he doesnt come across well on zoom.

I just don't understand your issue with the zoom thing.  Have been working via zoom for quite a while.  Do not see any problems.  It is all about the quality of what you say.  What I would say would not vary whether it is zoom or in person.  It is a conversation.

Just now, ladypanther said:

I just don't understand your issue with the zoom thing.  Have been working via zoom for quite a while.  Do not see any problems.  It is all about the quality of what you say.  What I would say would not vary whether it is zoom or in person.  It is a conversation.

we dont know what it was

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Bill Walsh handed the 49ers over to his DC George Seifert.

They might have been able to keep going there if not for the fact that Seifert was kind of a dick.

Yeah that last part. I have a story that involves coffee and music I seen first hand years ago when my company was doing work at the stadium.