• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

26 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I think it will be week 1. 

2021- Darnold vs Jets week 1

2022- Mayfield vs Browns week 1

2023- Reich vs Colts week 1

I think the NFL does stuff like this to keep non conference games an interesting storyline early in the season. I think they also like doing it in the first few weeks while the person being with the previous team is still fresh on everyone’s mind. 

You might be onto to something there. I hope it goes better for us in the next "revenge game". It's going to take me a while to get over that Baker experience.  Whoever decided to sign that guy all I have to say is...

walter GIF

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

He wanted to pull for his father-in-law you twat…

I do not understand why he's so salty about this. He must have lost a bet on it because he's lashing out about his kids now. He's going to be miserable all season no matter what. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I do not understand why he's so salty about this. He must have lost a bet on it because he's lashing out about his kids now. He's going to be miserable all season no matter what. 

It’s because Reich knows QBs and he knows that means his boy Darnold has no long term future with us now.

• Flames 2

42 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He wanted to pull for his father-in-law you twat…

Nonononono.

You can be enemies with your Father in Law if they play the Panthers then after the horn sounds you go back to friends. 

If my son made it to the NFL and didn't play for the Panthers I wouldn't be a fan of his team. I'd hope he did well individually but that's it. And if he played against the Panthers I'd actively root against him

43 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think it's a bad hire. I wouldn't have considered him or Moore.

I find it interesting that so few people bring up what Steve Wilks inherited. He went 6-6 without any coaches of his choosing. The style of play that Wilks was criticized for was not just a product of a defensive coach's view of offense, but it was a reflection of the offensive talent on the Panthers. One proven wide receiver, a QB carousel, no CMC, and a conservative OC. The fact that he won 6 games with the limited offensive talent is a testimony to doing more with less.  I would have loved to see what Coach Wilks could have done if he had the opportunity to bring in his own staff.  I would love to have seen who he would have reached out to and hired as his OC and QB coach and to have a chance to help shape the roster. As for the two games some posters mentioned that sealed Coach Wilks fate, the Pittsburgh game was a "head scratcher".  However, Kansas City losing to Indy was a "head scratcher", Jacksonville beating Dallas at the time was a "head scratcher". It happens to best of teams and is more prone to happen to teams with a low margin of error, like the Panthers.  Remember, the Panthers were leading 20-10 in the 4th quarter at Tampa Bay, before Tom Brady went "Tom Brady" and hooked up with Mike Evans for critical touchdowns.  How many times has Brady done that to better teams than the Panthers?  Also, no Jaycee Horn or Dante Jackson and corners being manned by C. J. Henderson, Keith Taylor, a recently signed and much older Josh Norman and practice squad promotions.  Also, what about multiple Sam Darnold turnovers?  Didn't they also play a role in the defeat? I agree that Coach Wilks will be alright, but he did get a raw deal.  I really wonder even if he had won the NFC South, if he would have suffered the same fate.  One more thing, Eric Beineimy not even interviewed is a joke.  I hope Coach Wilks and the other coaches that filed the lawsuit against the NFL get a multi-million dollar settlement.  It is apparent that black coaches are held to a higher standard, given fewer opportunities, and given less time to prove themselves.  

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1