• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My 2 cents after watching the Presser

ladypanther

7 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

including the “you’re stupid” line adds absolutely no value to any of your posts and makes you come across as an elitist snob.

Nah.

If you're someone who can make an intelligent argument and defend your opinion, I'll have plenty of respect for you regardless of whether what you believe lines up with what I say or not.

On the other hand, if your argument consists of making up sh-t like "his players quit on him" and/or you're just somebody who wants to be an annoying internet dick, I'd consider you worthless and pathetic and frankly don't really give a flying rat's ass if your feeling's get hurt.

Not everyone who posts on here is deserving of respect, and I'm not interested in making any special effort to be nice to trolls.

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah.

If you're someone who can make an intelligent argument and defend your opinion, I'll have plenty of respect for you regardless of whether what you believe lines up with what I say or not.

On the other hand, if your argument consists of making up sh-t like "his players quit on him" and/or you're just somebody who wants to be an annoying internet dick, I'd consider you worthless and pathetic and frankly don't really give a flying rat's ass if your feeling's get hurt.

Not everyone who posts on here is deserving of respect, and I'm not interested in making any special effort to be nice to trolls.

my main point is that your posts will have just as much value, if not more, without the personal attacks. calling someone stupid is a personal attack, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. countering someone with facts and leaving out the attack isn’t being nice to trolls, it’s getting your point across without being an annoying internet dick yourself.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

my main point is that your posts will have just as much value, if not more, without the personal attacks. calling someone stupid is a personal attack, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. countering someone with facts and leaving out the attack isn’t being nice to trolls, it’s getting your point across without being an annoying internet dick yourself.

The line for me is making sh-t up.

If you do that, you deserve whatever comes to you.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Rivera won 9 more games than he lost and had the same QB for his entire tenure.

Ron is an average coach at best...Frank is a good one.  IMO.

Let's see what happens. So far he is 0-0 for the Panthers. And Cam was injured from 2016 on so he didn't have great QB play his whole time coaching.

Edited by panthers55

22 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I think it is obvious Frank Reich would not make a good used car salesman.

He is a football guy and committed to do things (everything) the right way.

I love Steve Wilks and what he did for the team.  He was like burning incense to get the bad karma out of the building.  The players loved him because they could trust him.  He was tough and talked tough.  No nonsense.  The players needed  him...he was the anti-Rhule.

Enter Reich.  What I see separating him is the details. He will also earn the team's respect.  Not for tough talk but for how he carries himself, his relationship with them, and for his role as a teacher.  He will not only motivate them to play hard an win, he will show them how to win.  Not just win games, but win every play.  I like the way he talked about fundamentals.  This team has missed that for so long.  Reich has a vision, has the strategies, and  focuses on the details.  It is not all about him but he understands his leadership role. He is willing to be collaborative and highly values that but at the end of the day it is on him.

With Reich, what you see is what you get.  Nothing flashy just a very smart football guy. I think his coaches will love working with him and the players will love playing for him.  Fitterer and Morgan must feel like they won the lottery.

I just hope Tepper now leaves it to the football people.

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max
here here!!!

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I think it is obvious Frank Reich would not make a good used car salesman.

He is a football guy and committed to do things (everything) the right way.

I love Steve Wilks and what he did for the team.  He was like burning incense to get the bad karma out of the building.  The players loved him because they could trust him.  He was tough and talked tough.  No nonsense.  The players needed  him...he was the anti-Rhule.

Enter Reich.  What I see separating him is the details. He will also earn the team's respect.  Not for tough talk but for how he carries himself, his relationship with them, and for his role as a teacher.  He will not only motivate them to play hard an win, he will show them how to win.  Not just win games, but win every play.  I like the way he talked about fundamentals.  This team has missed that for so long.  Reich has a vision, has the strategies, and  focuses on the details.  It is not all about him but he understands his leadership role. He is willing to be collaborative and highly values that but at the end of the day it is on him.

With Reich, what you see is what you get.  Nothing flashy just a very smart football guy. I think his coaches will love working with him and the players will love playing for him.  Fitterer and Morgan must feel like they won the lottery.

I just hope Tepper now leaves it to the football people.

nice write up!

• Beer 1