• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you take Eric sleeping with Bieniemy as OC?

TheBigKat

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

True. But I'd rather have Bienemy than Reich calling plays, that's for sure.

not trying to sound mean or anything, genuinely curious...but what makes you think that Bieniemy would be better than Reich?

I mean he hasn't done that before, has he? 

31 minutes ago, rayzor said:

not trying to sound mean or anything, genuinely curious...but what makes you think that Bieniemy would be better than Reich?

I mean he hasn't done that before, has he? 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eeehhh, I don't know about that.

Bieniemy is trying to prove to people that it's him, not Andy Reid.

It is possible however that it turns out it really was Andy Reid.

I think Reid is a Super coach, definitely top 2 or 3 in the game. Even he says that Bienemy literally calls the plays.

I just don't get why people don't want to give the man credit. Reid backs him---of course---but that's good enough for me.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think Reid is a Super coach, definitely top 2 or 3 in the game. Even he says that Bienemy literally calls the plays.

I just don't get why people don't want to give the man credit. Reid backs him---of course---but that's good enough for me.

Yeah, that doesn't really mean anything.

I'm pretty sure Bill Belichick endorses every member of his staff too, but how many of them have actually been successful elsewhere?

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

True. But I'd rather have Bienemy than Reich calling plays, that's for sure.

Ask yourself this question:  How many of Andy Reid's offensive disciples have succeeded elsewhere?

Answer:  1.  Doug Pederson - and that's still debatable in many circles.

Honestly, if EB was so promising, why hasn't he had the chance to call some plays in KC?  There have been plenty of blowouts where Andy could easily have handed that off.

EB is one red flag after another.

36 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, that "doesnt really mean anything." Reid is just lying.🙃

And that proves he can be good somewhere else...how?

30 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Ask yourself this question:  How many of Andy Reid's offensive disciples have succeeded elsewhere?

Answer:  1.  Doug Pederson - and that's still debatable in many circles.

Honestly, if EB was so promising, why hasn't he had the chance to call some plays in KC?  There have been plenty of blowouts where Andy could easily have handed that off.

EB is one red flag after another.

There are a couple of others I could think of, but they're on the defensive side of the ball.

Anybody who works under an established coach on the same side of the ball is going to get that question.

Joe Lombardi could tell you that.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's been pretty clear/known for a while that he doesn't get along with his players and he keeps getting passed over for HC opportunities, likely for that reason alone, as you don't go from being "a top HC candidate" for that many years and just never got a HC job for no reason (and no, him being black isn't the reason).

Just the fact that his alma mater of Colorado passed over him multiple times, despite him making it clear he was interested in the job, is a massive red flag in itself. 

There's clearly things known about him privately that have kept him from getting an HC job by now, so why in the world would we want to bring him in when we're about to draft and coach up a young QB?

If he can't get along with Mahomes, he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a rookie QB, talk about a great way to ruin a player before he even gets started.

Edited by tukafan21

How much of KC offensive success is based on Andy Reid and his play calling?  We have no idea how much EB even does with the offense.  He also doesnt fit in what we seem to want in our coaching staff which is guys who can mesh well and collaborate with each other.  Also i believe even a couple KC players themselves have said hes hard to deal with and doesnt know much about the passing game.

I’d pass. If he wants to make a lateral OC move to be the main play caller, I would assume it is so that his resume looks better for a HC gig. So if he’s successful you pretty much know he’s leaving and he’s been doing it long enough that he’d probably generate interest after year 1. So best case you’re hiring a new OC in a year, and worst case he falls flat on his face. Seems like a lose/lose.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

And that proves he can be good somewhere else...how?

There are a couple of others I could think of, but they're on the defensive side of the ball.

Anybody who works under an established coach on the same side of the ball is going to get that question.

Joe Lombardi could tell you that.

I didn't say it "proves" anything, but at least there is plenty of evidence that he can do the job since he has been doing it according to one of the best coaches in the game.