• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Request Interview w/ Evero for DC

Bear Hands

1 hour ago, PanthersFan1234 said:

I would love to have Evero but I would honestly give a 50% chance of getting Evero, if Vikings let him go to interview the Panthers then it would increase to 75% chance, the only good thing is that Panthers does not have a huge mess to fix on the defense unlike Vikings do 

Also in our favor is the weather this time of year. Lol

1 minute ago, thennek said:

If he wants money I think the Panthers win. If he wants to help build a young team nucleus to be consistent winners in the future then the Panthers win. If he wants to be on a more complete team that is competing for championships now than the Vikings win. 

Vikings are not going to compete for championships soon since the Vikings' defense needs a major overhaul, it might take 2 or 3 years to get it fixed 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PanthersFan1234 said:

Vikings are not going to compete for championships soon since the Vikings' defense needs a major overhaul, it might take 2 or 3 years to get it fixed 

Could be. I don’t follow the Vikings but know they were 13-4 last year and have a very good offense and a better than average QB. I do think Reich is going to turn things around for the Panthers….when he gets a QB. 

2 hours ago, thennek said:

Could be. I don’t follow the Vikings but know they were 13-4 last year and have a very good offense and a better than average QB. I do think Reich is going to turn things around for the Panthers….when he gets a QB. 

They had one of the worst point differentials at -3, essentially meaning they had by far the closest wins in the NFL history for a 13 win team.

With only two wins being above a one score game and half their losses being blowouts, that is a recipe for decline this upcoming season. Without anything more exciting to expect defensively and a high chance of further decline due to being strung on aging veterans, they're the easiest candidate to regress to the mean.

They were an outlier this season with their record. To expect similar results next year would be ill advised. It would take a lot more luck too, as their talent is far worse than their record overall and their defense is on the decline.

If Evero looks past the record and recognizes each team's talent as is, Panthers edge out easily defensively and have the most potential. If he wants the best shot at HC, the Panthers are more complete.

If he wants that connection of coaching with the Vikings, then that'll be why he chooses them. He's also known to be very loyal to his guys, even turning down an interim role when Hackett was fired. He may opt for personal connection over talent, which while ill-advised if he wants to be HC since the Panthers are more talented, it may be what he wants.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 1