• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

Shocker

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

I hear you but if we can’t one of the top 2 QBs I would seriously resign Sam and wait.  Our team can get great with these picks and I ain’t done with Sam.  

You don't have the popular opinion here but I think you have the right one.

I think we need to resign Sam, quit worrying about a QB on day one and really use this draft to build a team. Part of that is  because Sam played well at the end, and part of that is that we need more young, inexpensive talent on the field. The most cost effective place to get those players is in the draft and the real value skill players are on the board at #9 ... a veritable field of choices if you stop worrying about QB.

Also, I think we should snag a QB prospect on day 3 of  the draft. Both QBs from this year's FBS championship could still be available at that time. Both have knocks on them for size, but they have great competitiveness. Find QBs that are dyed in the wool winners there and you are way ahead of the game. Give Corral someone to compete against and see what our new HC can make of them.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, Carolina Mike said:

I’m sure Reich has been looking at tape for Sam already. I’ll wait to see if he pushes to keep or jettison Sam.

He's going to see Sam wearing HIS old number (14) making solid plays and thinking "Hmmmm....".

lol.

You know he will at least think about it.   😂

• Pie 1

I personally want us to move on from Sam if only to see who the next QB that kungfoodude, TLGPanthersfan, frankw, and the rest start excoriating and saying "He sucks!" with such vitriol.  

I admit I am very intrigued as to who is next in the Pecking order of bashing.   😂

Will it be Brissett?  Will it be whomever is drafted?   

This should be fun.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I think we need to resign Sam, quit worrying about a QB on day one and really use this draft to build a team. Part of that is  because Sam played well at the end, and part of that is that we need more young, inexpensive talent on the field. The most cost effective place to get those players is in the draft and the real value skill players are on the board at #9 ... a veritable field of choices if you stop worrying about QB.

Also, I think we should snag a QB prospect on day 3 of  the draft. Both QBs from this year's FBS championship could still be available at that time. Both have knocks on them for size, but they have great competitiveness. Find QBs that are dyed in the wool winners there and you are way ahead of the game. Give Corral someone to compete against and see what our new HC can make of them.

Opportunity cost is a real thing.

Giving up all kinds of draft capital to acquire a huge project at QB, when Quentin Johnston is just sitting there at 9 for the taking.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Opportunity cost is a real thing.

Giving up all kinds of draft capital to acquire a huge project at QB, when Quentin Johnston is just sitting there at 9 for the taking.

Similar thoughts.  Take Quentin at 9 and then Hooker, McKee or [fill in the blank] whomever the brain trust thinks is the best option in R2.  I trust this group to make that decision.  

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Similar thoughts.  Take Quentin at 9 and then Hooker, McKee or [fill in the blank] whomever the brain trust thinks is the best option in R2.  I trust this group to make that decision.  

Either way you're getting a project QB.

Get a super star at a position of need (that actually helps a QB), maintain draft capital, and acquire more upgrades at positions of need.

36 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

kisravzhhci81.gif?format=mp4&v=enabled&s

You’re a brave man…

Edited by bythenbrs

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I can't fathom how anyone would look at the Reich hire and what transpired in Indianapolis and come away thinking "yeah Sam Darnold is definitely going to be here next year".

Definitely?  No.  Is it within the possible solution set?  Yes.

Edited by bythenbrs

Just now, bythenbrs said:

Definitely?  Hell, no.  Is it within the probable solution set?  Yes, it is.

Fitterer can't afford another losing season due to picking the wrong QB and neither can Reich. Unless Sam Darnold accepts a very bare league minimum contract his days should be numbered here. Would you risk your job and second chance that doesn't often happen on a QB who finished the season with the worst passer rating in franchise history?