• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about Matt Corral

jfra78

32 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Reich's daughter had zero to do with his hiring and it was purely coincidental that she was hired a week before her dad was.  Eason is practice squad material and that's it.   He's nowhere near the talent Corral is.  He's been cut by the Colts and Seahawks and has been on and off our practice squad.  

At the time of his signing, we had one QB on the Roster, Corral.  So, they resigned him to play along until we get our rookie and once a Vet is signed don't be surprised if we cut him again. 

Nothing more than fodder. 

Sure, man. Nothing at all to do with the fact her Dad was the next head coach of this football team. 

But yeah, Eason has twice the arm of Corral but he's erratic and inconsistent with it. I never said he was a star in the making, but for a supposed scrub he has had a lot of brushes with starting games. People love the arm strength and the prep history. Corral has the edge in mobility by miles and probably decision making as well, but I haven't seen enough of him in live action to comment any more than generalities. I think you're underrating him and the kid could be his PJ Walker for all we know. 

1 minute ago, SameDamnThing said:

Sure, man. Nothing at all to do with the fact her Dad was the next head coach of this football team. 

But yeah, Eason has twice the arm of Corral but he's erratic and inconsistent with it. I never said he was a star in the making, but for a supposed scrub he has had a lot of brushes with starting games. People love the arm strength and the prep history. Corral has the edge in mobility by miles and probably decision making as well, but I haven't seen enough of him in live action to comment any more than generalities. I think you're underrating him and the kid could be his PJ Walker for all we know. 

Lol. 

No Way Bird GIF

Easons arm is not. No zipp or pop on his throws like Corral, limited range and accuracy down field.

I know you don't think Eason is better than Corral?!

Suspicious Family Matters GIF

17 minutes ago, SameDamnThing said:

Nothing at all to do with the fact her Dad was the next head coach of this football team. 

His daughter lives in the Carolinas and applied for a job in marketing.  She's been around football all her life and applied to the local team for a position.  As a hiring manager it would make sense to hire someone that has an understanding of what football is.    Why is it so hard to believe she couldn't get a job on her own.   PURELY COINCIDENTAL. 

6 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

His daughter lives in the Carolinas and applied for a job in marketing.  She's been around football all her life and applied to the local team for a position.  As a hiring manager it would make sense to hire someone that has an understanding of what football is.    Why is it so hard to believe she couldn't get a job on her own.   PURELY COINCIDENTAL. 

As Journey says, don't stop believing. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve the job, she's probably incredibly bright, but the interest in him coaching this team predates her hiring by a lot and there's nothing at all wrong with them hiring her as incentive for Reich to consider our opening here. I just don't think it's possible it was entirely unrelated. 

2 minutes ago, SameDamnThing said:

As Journey says, don't stop believing. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve the job, she's probably incredibly bright, but the interest in him coaching this team predates her hiring by a lot and there's nothing at all wrong with them hiring her as incentive for Reich to consider our opening here. I just don't think it's possible it was entirely unrelated. 

Purely Coincidental.  I seriously doubt that Carolina used that as some sort of enticement for Reich.   His daughter just got a position on her own.  

We'll leave it at that, and you can keep your conspiracy theory.  

20 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Lol. 

No Way Bird GIF

Easons arm is not. No zipp or pop on his throws like Corral, limited range and accuracy down field.

I know you don't think Eason is better than Corral?!

Suspicious Family Matters GIF

I'm like a Sith in I don't deal in absolutes, but Jacob Eason's arm power made him one of the highest regarded prep quarterbacks in Rivals history. He has an absolute cannon for an arm, but the questions are everywhere else. For one, his mobility is well well under average for an NFL QB. They're trying to build a QB around this arm it's so special. Without speaking to throwing accuracy, mobility, leadership, and every other trait about quarterbacks that are requisite for success it could be argued successfully that Corral has those things in the matchup. However, Eason's arm is preposterous. It's barely worth debating. 

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Purely Coincidental.  I seriously doubt that Carolina used that as some sort of enticement for Reich.   His daughter just got a position on her own.  

We'll leave it at that, and you can keep your conspiracy theory.  

Well, says fugin you right? How you can be so confident in certainty is super weird unless you hired her. But if it's important for you to maintain that delusion I won't poke at it anymore. 

6 hours ago, SameDamnThing said:

I'm like a Sith in I don't deal in absolutes, but Jacob Eason's arm power made him one of the highest regarded prep quarterbacks in Rivals history. He has an absolute cannon for an arm, but the questions are everywhere else. For one, his mobility is well well under average for an NFL QB. They're trying to build a QB around this arm it's so special. Without speaking to throwing accuracy, mobility, leadership, and every other trait about quarterbacks that are requisite for success it could be argued successfully that Corral has those things in the matchup. However, Eason's arm is preposterous. It's barely worth debating. 

It may be so but he didn't show that brilliance in a Panther uniform. What I saw was very unimpressive. My thoughts were that a guy that lanky should have a stronger arm.

Matt Corral is a QB animal. His release, zip, accuracy, and also strong arm as well as escapability sets him apart from guys like Eason.

Not the same class of prospect or player. Corral hasn't played yet but from jump the NFL considers him a better prospect than Eason.

Screenshot_20230211-232339~2.png

Screenshot_20230211-232242.png

8 hours ago, rippadonn said:

It may be so but he didn't show that brilliance in a Panther uniform. What I saw was very unimpressive. My thoughts were that a guy that lanky should have a stronger arm.

Matt Corral is a QB animal. His release, zip, accuracy, and also strong arm as well as escapability sets him apart from guys like Eason.

Not the same class of prospect or player. Corral hasn't played yet but from jump the NFL considers him a better prospect than Eason.

Screenshot_20230211-232339~2.png

Screenshot_20230211-232242.png

Neither Eason or MC9 are starters in this league. 

• Beer 1